Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Breaking News: Ed Reed has a Labrum Tear

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Ed wants to make sure everyone knows why he can't tackle these days. :(
    I knew there had to be a reason. The whole D must have a labrum tear. lol. I've never seen so much poor tackling. Did I miss something? Did Goodell put in a new rule this year where tacklers cannot wrap their arms? Even our LB's can't seem to remember the fundamentals of tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Ed wants to make sure everyone knows why he can't tackle these days. :(
    Just like Big Ben always something wrong. He should give up football and try for Days of our Lives! The drama is welcomed there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Just like Big Ben always something wrong. He should give up football and try for Days of our Lives! The drama is welcomed there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    A Days of Our Lives fan are we? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I know a slew of folks who tore their labrum and had no idea they did until much later.

I am not concerned. Yet.
    They must have been small. I tore mine to the point of my bicep becoming detached. Yeah, it was ok...until you moved your arm. I waited a month and a half before surgery. Not much fun.

Might inhibit his ability to lateral?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Maybe he aggravated it hitting DEZ with his
    shoulder and bouncing off him instead of wrapping his arms around him and pushing up with his hips like you're suppose to.

Three Ravens hit DEZ like that on 1 play and they all bounced off of him.

Blog Entries

Didn't Mason play through one of those in 2008? I concerned for Reed because he's going to shy away from tackling even more (with good cause) but it's not something that should knock him out.

I have a partially torn labrum right now (surfing accident) :) anyway, when it happened, i went down hard backwards and extended my arm to brace the fall - I ended up with bruised ribs (which hurt like a bitch for 4 weeks), but as a previous poster said, i didn't even know i had a shoulder (labrum) injury until one day (2 weeks later) i went to throw a football, and i thought my arm detached from the shoulder after i let the ball go- but honestly, it doesn't hurt *at all* with any normal movements. Only overhand throwing motion- when i throw a baseball/football, it hurts like a *mother* whenever i try to throw with any force. The doctor said he didn't recommend surgery for the partial tear- and i specifically told him to treat me like i was "joe flacco"- and asked him what i should do. They advised me to just let it heal- and he said it would be 4-6 months before it healed. I'm almost at month 5, and i still have a lot of pain when trying to throw- but it's definitely lessening.

So bottom line- I can do just about anything with my upper body (lift weights, throw a lacrosse ball, swing a bat) with ZERO pain, but I just can't throw a ball- It wouldn't hinder me at all if i had to make tackles, or even reach up high in the air to grab passes. I suspect Ed has this same type of injury, and as long as they don't ask him to be QB, he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    They must have been small. I tore mine to the point of my bicep becoming detached. Yeah, it was ok...until you moved your arm. I waited a month and a half before surgery. Not much fun.
    My one friend was fine until he swung a golf club. He crumbled in a heap and went to the doctor soon after. Turned out, he injured it 2 weeks prior when he reached into the back seat to put his son back in his car seat.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I have a partially torn labrum right now (surfing accident) :) anyway, when it happened, i went down hard backwards and extended my arm to brace the fall - I ended up with bruised ribs (which hurt like a bitch for 4 weeks), but as a previous poster said, i didn't even know i had a shoulder (labrum) injury until one day (2 weeks later) i went to throw a football, and i thought my arm detached from the shoulder after i let the ball go- but honestly, it doesn't hurt *at all* with any normal movements. Only overhand throwing motion- when i throw a baseball/football, it hurts like a *mother* whenever i try to throw with any force. The doctor said he didn't recommend surgery for the partial tear- and i specifically told him to treat me like i was "joe flacco"- and asked him what i should do. They advised me to just let it heal- and he said it would be 4-6 months before it healed. I'm almost at month 5, and i still have a lot of pain when trying to throw- but it's definitely lessening.

So bottom line- I can do just about anything with my upper body (lift weights, throw a lacrosse ball, swing a bat) with ZERO pain, but I just can't throw a ball- It wouldn't hinder me at all if i had to make tackles, or even reach up high in the air to grab passes. I suspect Ed has this same type of injury, and as long as they don't ask him to be QB, he'll be fine.
    i guess it will stop ed from lateraling the ball ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My one friend was fine until he swung a golf club. He crumbled in a heap and went to the doctor soon after. Turned out, he injured it 2 weeks prior when he reached into the back seat to put his son back in his car seat.
    I was getting firewood during the last blizzard, and fell down the steps of my deck. My shoulder ended up well over my head. Hopefully Ed is being Ed.....or maybe Big Jen:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reed
    Sports With Coleman ‏@sportswcoleman
    BREAKING: So the #Ravens Ed Reed jus tells @1057TheFan he has a " Labrum tear" in shoulder, " is it affecting my game ?,maybe" ...
    ...or maybe it's not.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"