Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Texans Q&A from Baltimore Sun + Houston info for travel fans.

Greetings. Visited y'all last year before the playoff game and you were very kind in providing good information about football and city of Baltimore stuff. I had a very fun time (MOTHERS! Then TAILGATING!) until I didn't.

I would like to offer the same hospitality. For those traveling to Houston, please let me know if you have any questions.

In addition, I answered this Q&A today for the Baltimore Sun. If you have any questions beyond those, I'd be happy to answer them.

And I would like to propose a win-win. Our teams are the only ones in the AFC that are above .500. I'm currently doing a deal with P&G and the NFL where they are having fans fill out a "FANcestry." If the most people use my link to access the FANcestry by Monday at midnight, I receive 2 Super Bowl tickets. And if I win, 2 of the people who signed up thru my link, get 2 tickets. It's open to all fans.

There's only 16 bloggers competing. Some sports bloggers, some mommy bloggers. So I am guessing the odds are probably better getting free Super Bowl tickets this way than just about any other contest.

Here's the directions and details: Please share your ‘Fan-cestry’ and maybe we can win Super Bowl tickets. I think you need a Facebook account to sign in. If you want to skip straight to the sign up, here's my unique url for signup: http://www.fan-cestry.com/?utm_sourc...n%3DFan-cestry

It's a pretty cool deal. P&G has a ton of brands associated with the NFL and often have contests where you can win cool stuff. Had a reader of mine win something two years ago. I did something with them a few years ago where I went to NFL HQs in NYC to pick my fantasy football team against other bloggers, and then we competed to win tickets to the SB. I did ok until Aaron Rodgers got concussed at a bad time.

In any event, I'd appreciate folks signing up thru my link to Fan-cestry to get free Super Bowl tix. I got to tell you that I'd hate to lose tickets to a mommy blogger.

And if you want a Texans perspective of stuff for Sundays game, you can follow on Twitter @StephStradley. I probably can't Tweet too much during the game because the web is pretty bad where my seats are.

Hey Steph,

Thanks for the help. Between you and I, we have the town covered. ;)

Re: Texans Q&A from Baltimore Sun + Houston info for travel fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hey Steph,

Thanks for the help. Between you and I, we have the town covered. ;)
    Pretty much. You tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    Pretty much. You tailgating?
    Yes indeed.

Take a wild guess which lot.

Yes indeed.

Take a wild guess which lot.
    Purple lot? I've never know anyone who tailgates in the purple lot. But there's pretty good tailgating all the way around the stadium so it is hard to go wrong.

Here's a recent tailgate vid. I make a cameo.

http://tailgate32.footballnation.com/play/hou

Purple lot? I've never know anyone who tailgates in the purple lot. But there's pretty good tailgating all the way around the stadium so it is hard to go wrong.

Here's a recent tailgate vid. I make a cameo.

http://tailgate32.footballnation.com/play/hou
    Purple lot it is!

Purple lot it is!
    Weather should be good. Didn't this forum have a different name last year? Or am I misremembering?

Weather should be good. Didn't this forum have a different name last year? Or am I misremembering?
    It did. Long story but the Ravens forced it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've seen a lot of different NFL forums thru the years, and I very much like this one.

Still shows up well on the Googles. :)

I hope people realize if they're going to Houston for the first time that there is NOWHERE TO PARK for someone driving in the day of the game. The lots are all controlled by season parking passes.

I found this out last minute in 2010, and ended up just paying the $40 (I would have spent anyway) on a cab ride from my hotel.

This will be my first visit and very much looking forward to the game.

I'm planning to park at the University of Houston and take the light rail to the stadium.

Parking near the stadium unless you are tailgating doesn't seem like a good idea.

Any advice from the Houston residents?

Quote Originally Posted by knots View Post
    I'm planning to park at the University of Houston and take the light rail to the stadium.
    FYI, the light rail doesn't go to University of Houston. There is just one north/south route - hence why people in Houston call it the "toy train". Here is a map: http://www.ridemetro.org/schedulesmaps/railsched.aspx

I've parked in the Museum District on street for free and walked one block to the station. Was pretty easy, though did for the rodeo and not on Texans game day. I believe the rail ride is free on game days.