Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome back TSizzle! (Merged)

It really doesn't take long at all to get into football shape, especially for an edge rusher. RB's are different, but it would not surprise me to see Suggs back closer to his old weight in 2-3 weeks. Cardio really isn't that hard to train.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    All due respect, but you're not a doctor. You can say that he shouldn't play all you want but I trust the Ravens staff more than any of you people.
    If Suggs plays, it's because he has the blessing of the coaching staff and doctors.

Blog Entries

All due respect, but you're not a doctor. You can say that he shouldn't play all you want but I trust the Ravens staff more than any of you people.
    Which is what I was saying earlier. People can whine and bitch all they want, but at the end of the day if they are truly going to play Suggs this Sunday, they obviously KNOW what they're doing, and know that he wont be at risk as much as we think. I trust the Ravens medical staff a ton more than what anyone says here.

Re: Welcome back TSizzle!

Ravens defense needs help, Do you think Ray Lewis will be back for the playoffs?

THIS.

And... lets not pretend he hasn't been exercising and testing the ankle. I highly doubt to 99.9% certainty that Suggs has just been lifting and sitting around waiting to be activated before doing anything...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rago View Post
    Ravens defense needs help, Do you think Ray Lewis will be back for the playoffs?
    He's out for the year bro........

Pretty wild news, but I just hope they're not rushing it. Still remarkable, but he's definitely gained weight!

There's a reason that players still gear up in the preseason (even though they are now year-round athletes). If it wasn't required, you can bet we'd be seeing 4 games of scrubs instead of just 2. You don't need to be a freakin doctor to know that you don't just go from no practice to full-on game speed without risks- and the risks clearly outweigh any benefits of making a few extra tackles on defense THIS week.

I remember Sizzle coming in after signing his new contract and he looked less than AVERAGE for over half of the season until he re-dedicated himself to playing at the level he could- How good do you think he's going to play if he comes in this weekend after having his first practice YESTERDAY? Rushing him back the very first week he's on a field makes no sense for the guy who's supposed to be one of your defensive centerpieces for the next 4 years. It's all risk for little payoff.

Can you seriously say you'd want him on the field this weekend after a half week of practice, and coming off a major injury? If so, what do you expect to get out of him, and is it worth risking a career setback?

They play preseason to practice/play against other teams, not to test their bodies and warm them up.

I don't want them rushing Suggs back and I sure they wouldn't if they felt their was the risk. I'm sure they've given him more then 1 or 2 thorough examinations and MRI's
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    You don't need to be a freakin doctor to know that you don't just go from no practice to full-on game speed without risks- and the risks clearly outweigh any benefits of making a few extra tackles on defense THIS week.
    And you can state this definitively how? When did you examine his leg? You're just another shmuck like the rest of us watching from a couch. If the DOCTORS and EXPERTS who get paid ass loads of money by very smart people to provide their medical opinions are giving him the green light, then it's because he can play. Period.

Can you seriously say you'd want him on the field this weekend after a half week of practice, and coming off a major injury? If so, what do you expect to get out of him, and is it worth risking a career setback?
    Yes I seriously want him back the second his Doctor clears him. I expect he'll be very limited compared to his peak performance, and I expect a limited Suggs to be an upgrade for our defense.

And the idea that coming back could risk his career is moot. If he comes back, it will be because men and women MUCH smarter than a guy on a message board told the coaching staff that he could without such a risk.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Anyway...
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Source with knowledge of Terrell Suggs' situation: 'He's not playing. I'd be shocked if he plays.'

My hubby does executive protection and security and was next to Suggs during a recent event. His exact words were "he is a pretty tall guy and is larger than he appears on TV and even uglier in person" LOL Funny guy he is.

I'm thinking they may have Suggs play in a limited situational role on Sunday if this report is true. That would be awesome as long as he truly is healthy enough for it.

Suggs should be eased back into play, and should NOT be on the field this week- we've done fine without him, and he will be much better off if he is put on the field when he's been acclimated to the football field.
    We've won without him but haven't done 'fine' without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    We've won without him but haven't done 'fine' without him.
    Well certainly the Defense hasn't done "fine"- but those days are over- we are an offensive team now- and we can win that way (without him).

I would be surprised if he plays on Sunday. He looks like he's had a trashcan load full of BigMacs since the injury. Damn it, man! We need a good pass rusher!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.