Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Think We Have it Bad .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    .... not too long ago, there was a team that lost four safeties, three linebackers, two defensive ends, two tight ends, two cornerbacks (one of them a 2x pro bowler), two tackles a running back and a wide receiver. All were lost to injured reserved and most of these guys were starters.

This team limped into the playoffs, having to win their last game of the season, as well get a little situational help within the conference, just to get in the playoffs.

It was 2010 Packers and they ended up winning it all!

How's that for perspective?
    GREAT POST HOUSTON!!!

Re: Think We Have it Bad .... ?

To be honest, the injury that worries me the most is Ngata just being banged up. I actually think we'll be better stuffing the run and covering short passes with Ellerbe, and even though Webb is elite our secondary will still probably be a fairly solid unit.

Our biggest weaknesses are our defensive line and setting the edge in the run game. Hopefully the OLBs will develop some and Suggs coming back will help that, but without an effective Ngata I really think our defensive line could become straight up worthless.

If the DLine can't generate any push then you're guaranteeing the opposing RB gets positive yardage on almost every run. The QB will be able to stay comfy in a cleaner, solid pocket and allow plays to develop. Then the schemes you do to compensate for that DLine weakness are just going to make you vulnerable in other areas.

I think fixing the DLine is going to be the key to our Super Bowl run.