Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Think We Have it Bad .... ?

.... not too long ago, there was a team that lost four safeties, three linebackers, two defensive ends, two tight ends, two cornerbacks (one of them a 2x pro bowler), two tackles a running back and a wide receiver. All were lost to injured reserved and most of these guys were starters.

This team limped into the playoffs, having to win their last game of the season, as well get a little situational help within the conference, just to get in the playoffs.

It was 2010 Packers and they ended up winning it all!

How's that for perspective?

Re: Think We Have it Bad .... ?

agreed, I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Reading this message board over the past 3 days has been absolutely ridiculous. Haven't even played a game and we're already predicting our record? Maybe this new defensive set will gel together.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-17-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Easy killer

Blog Entries

It will take a different mindset - get a lead on the opponent and force them to pass. That's how the Pack beat Houston last week. It can certainly be done.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    .... not too long ago, there was a team that lost four safeties, three linebackers, two defensive ends, two tight ends, two cornerbacks (one of them a 2x pro bowler), two tackles a running back and a wide receiver. All were lost to injured reserved and most of these guys were starters.

This team limped into the playoffs, having to win their last game of the season, as well get a little situational help within the conference, just to get in the playoffs.

Very good example, it's far from over for the Ravens. NEXT MAN UP

Even Heath Evans (known Ravens hater) of all people brought up the same example, from Baltimore Ravens.com:

NFL Network’s Heath Evans isn’t ready to “stick the fork” in Baltimore either, using the 2010 Packers as an example. They put 15 players on injured reserve that year and it forced quarterback Aaron Rodgers to put his team on his back.

Blog Entries

upsets happen every week. I think the defense is properly motivated so anything's possible.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Problem here being is that nobody knows whether or not Flacco is capable of playing to the level Rogers did in a consistent manor.

Certainly we've seen Flacco do it, but not on a consistent basis.
    Couple that with we seem to be a completely different team on offense on the road then at home.

Biggest problem here is Cam who very well could be the main reason for the above.

Other then that, I got no problem with the anything can happen mentality as it very well could, but call me skeptical with who we have calling the shots and how those shots are called from the sideline.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I don't know, I also seem to remember a team that lost both its starting CB's, it's HOF LB, HOF Safety, and its top 2 QB's. That team went from being a Super Bowl contender at 4-2 to 5-11.

I'm worried that this might be a 2007 type season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I don't know, I also seem to remember a team that lost both its starting CB's, it's HOF LB, HOF Safety, and its top 2 QB's. That team went from being a Super Bowl contender at 4-2 to 5-11.

I'm worried that this might be a 2007 type season.
    See my comment about defensive players in the Suggs thread- Defensive players are much more easily replaced as opposed to key offensive players- and the QB is obviously the most crucial- as long as Joe is playing (and has a few *good* weapons to work with) we will always have a fighting chance in this league.

We have been playing without the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in the whole league from last season, yet we are still 5-1. That doesn't happen if you lose your quarterback- which is also why even though Ray Rice may be better at his position (compared to other running backs), Flacco is more valuable to this team (and Ray is my favorite Raven). If we couldn't pass with above-average effectiveness, we'd be dead in the water right now.

Blog Entries

They were so beat up they were forced to start 3 undrafted rookie free agents.

Teams can overcome in this league

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Problem here being is that nobody knows whether or not Flacco is capable of playing to the level Rogers did in a consistent manor.

Certainly we've seen Flacco do it, but not on a consistent basis.
    Couple that with we seem to be a completely different team on offense on the road then at home.

Biggest problem here is Cam who very well could be the main reason for the above.

Other then that, I got no problem with the anything can happen mentality as it very well could, but call me skeptical with who we have calling the shots and how those shots are called from the sideline.
    So far, imo, Flacco has been pretty damn consistent this season.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Chris Berman just predicted Ravens 24-23. Whether or not you like the Swami, I like the line of thinking. The Ravens got this. It CAN be done and it WILL be done IMHO.