Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis put on special IR designation.

Levi Brown tore his triceps on Aug 18, bad enough to require surgery just like Ray.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...out-for-months

Arizona Cardinals left tackle Levi Brown exited Friday's preseason game against the Oakland Raiders in the second quarter with a torn right triceps that will require surgery, a source close to the player confirmed to NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Brown isn't in pain, but cannot complete a pushup and, with a four-month recovery time, is likely headed to injured reserve, according to the source.
    4 month recovery time, not out of the question at all that Ray can come back. That is why the door is still open for this year.

Re: ray lewis Designated IR/return...

If the Ravens get to the Superbowl Ray will be on the active roster (even thought he would not be able to play) and he will be the first man out of the tunnel leading the charge. The IF is a big IF - but the Ravens will show the world what a classy organization they are by doing this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If the Ravens get to the Superbowl Ray will be on the active roster (even thought he would not be able to play) and he will be the first man out of the tunnel leading the charge. The IF is a big IF - but the Ravens will show the world what a classy organization they are by doing this.
    shouldn't Cam lead them out?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I would give up my spot for Ray. He deserves one more!!
    I beg to disagree...no you wouldn't... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    As much as I have had big issues with Cam, IF the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl, Cam would have had a BIG hand in getting them there from where they are right now.

And I will throw this "shot in the dark" into the mix...since there is NO reason for anyone to make sure Ray is in perfect health for the rest of his career...

IF for some reason, Ray IS able to go, say at the very end of the season OR MORE likely a HOME playoff game...
    And the team is introduced, but then his music comes on and he comes out of the tunnel...the place will shake for 3 hours. And then he actually starts...and plays...the warrior in Ray, if his body allows it, will be there.
    Every person in purple will have an out of body experience and the Ravens will beat any team in M&T that day.

I would have to believe that at this point, they already entertained this pie in the sky moment, and that's what it would be, but how unbelieveable would the atmosphere be if that actually played out.
    Suggs played with a shoulder harness and sacked Ben twice in a playoff game.
    T.O. had an unbelieveable game in the his Eagle's super bowl inspite of his no way to return injury, as well.
    The possibility should be kept open.

Keeping something like that alive is in the best interests of the entire organization.
    It would be a fitting apex to an legendary career.

It's also an subtle way of saying, "keep rallying the troops and keep showing up on the sidelines even if you can't play, and if we go all the way you WILL be in uniform".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Levi Brown tore his triceps on Aug 18, bad enough to require surgery just like Ray.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...out-for-months

4 month recovery time, not out of the question at all that Ray can come back. That is why the door is still open for this year.
    So pretty much superbowl or bust. Dont playoff rosters need to be decided before the first game? How can the staff in good faith leave off a healthy player for the hope that lewis maybe can play a few downs. As much as id like to see him honored that way, id like the team to win more and im not sure thats condusive to that.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    So pretty much superbowl or bust. Dont playoff rosters need to be decided before the first game? How can the staff in good faith leave off a healthy player for the hope that lewis maybe can play a few downs. As much as id like to see him honored that way, id like the team to win more and im not sure thats condusive to that.
    NFL doesn't have playoff rosters.

Same 53 man roster, 45 active all the way through.

It's supposedly a 4- to 6-month injury. If it turns out to be a bit shorter, being ready for the Super Bowl is not impossible, although the likelihood is very small.

The other thing to consider is that with the minimum time an IR/return player is required to sit out, time is running out for it to be useful to anyone. So maybe the Ravens decided to "use it or lose it".

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I beg to disagree...no you wouldn't... Bc
    I'm glad you know me well enough to tell me what I would and would not do. And YES I would. The man is a future Hall of Famer, and the guy that would get axed for him to return would most likely be the bottom of the pile, average player who sees limited time on the field to begin with. If that were me, I'd be okay with letting Ray have my spot for the chance at one more ring. It's easy for us to argue because neither of us are in that position, but I honestly would volunteer my spot if in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The other thing to consider is that with the minimum time an IR/return player is required to sit out, time is running out for it to be useful to anyone. So maybe the Ravens decided to "use it or lose it".
    Exactly. The player must sit out 8 weeks, so there's really not much risk in using it now.

As far as having him on the 53-man roster for the SB, that could easily work. He would just be one if the inactives. Whoever he would be replacing would have been inactive anyway and they could wait until the Weds before the game to make the move, so that the "released" player still gets the game check. The team would surely vote the player the full playoff share. So, the player could still be on the sideline, just as he would as an inactive and still receive the same money, even though technically not on the team.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You are merciless lmao!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!