Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ray Lewis Put on Special IR Designation (Merged)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-d050d71a2443

"Lewis has been placed on injured reserve, but with a special designation that allows him to possibly return later on this season."

While this doesn't mean he will return, it means we can't rule it out in concrete, either.

Blog Entries

ray lewis Designated IR/return...

Just saw it scroll across espn. Is there a reality where he can comeback week 15? I was under the notion torn muscles usually are season ending (biceps, pectorials, etc). Is this wishful thinking, a sign of respect, a little of both, or something else altogether?

Personally not knowing the specifics of how it works i would have rather kepth that for somebody that has more a chance of returning, or in other words keeping in case of emergency in the following weeks. im also assuming hell be on the sideline regardless helping lead/coach this team where hell be most useful imo. Coming back from such an injury in such a short time id be really really surprised to see him being effective.
    -JAB

Re: ray lewis Designated IR/return...

I dont know what you saw but he's out for the year. Harbaugh himself said it.

I just saw that too. It was while Eddie George was talking about Lewis during McNair A Football Life. NFL Network.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis put on special IR designation.

What is the recovery time for ticeps surgery? I thought it was five months. Would he have to return by Week 17, or could he return if the Ravens made it to the Super Bowl in February? I don't know if football teams have to have fixed rosters by a certain date like they do in baseball.

Another poster already mentioned this thought and I have to agree but perhaps the idea is to activate Ray to the 53 man roster if and when the Ravens play in the superbowl knowing full well that he won't play this year. This way he can retire as a member of the 53 man roster then call it a day:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Another poster already mentioned this thought and I have to agree but perhaps the idea is to activate Ray to the 53 man roster if and when the Ravens play in the superbowl knowing full well that he won't play this year. This way he can retire as a member of the 53 man roster then call it a day:)
    that would be awesome

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Just a class act on the Ravens part really. This way they could activate him to the 53 man roster knowing full well he can't play just in time for the Superbowl. And when we win he'll retire then:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    ... This way he can retire as a member of the 53 man roster then call it a day:)
    I get the reason, but would you want to be the active cut on Super Bowl day just because Ray might be an active non-player? ... Bc

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-return-season

By rule, Lewis must sit out eight weeks before he can return this season. He will be eligible to practice after six weeks and permitted to return to play in Week 15 if he's healthy.

However, the timetable to return from a torn triceps, which Harbaugh described as a "full tear" on Monday, is longer. A better estimate on the recovery period from the surgery can be determined depending on whether the tear is to the tendon or the muscle.
    Pretty sure he can come back at any point.

Super Bowl is 4 months away, if we get that far.

I wouldn't doubt that if it is not even healed all the way he would probably try to play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-return-season
    Pretty sure he can come back at any point.

Super Bowl is 4 months away, if we get that far.

I wouldn't doubt that if it is not even healed all the way he would probably try to play anyway.
    While I have no doubt he'd *want* to play- if we make it to the Superbowl, I think it will be proof that we can play well without Ray, and they'd probably only put him on the field for a couple of plays to honor him, and it will just be a gesture. I don't think we could risk it in that crucial a situation when presumably everyone else would be mostly healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I get the reason, but would you want to be the active cut on Super Bowl day just because Ray might be an active non-player? ... Bc
    I would give up my spot for Ray. He deserves one more!!