Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Ellerbe listed as starter next to McClain inside

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Where the hell was McClain though?
    McClain has been very bad this year. Profootballfocus had him ranked 81 out of 91 linebackers in run stop percentage.

Blog Entries

Agree with Gota, outside of upshaw the rest can beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    McClain has been very bad this year. Profootballfocus had him ranked 81 out of 91 linebackers in run stop percentage.
    What a mess our ILB group is...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

How about #50? Seem to be strong on the edges. Not bad. Could he start with Suggs on the field?

Ellerbe's not going anywhere and has stepped up his game dramatically becoming the best blitzing backer and cover backer (for what its worth) on the team, he's finally living up to the potential he showed a couple years ago. McClain can kick rocks.

Blog Entries

I honestly think it's in the Ravens best interests for Upshaw to become the long term starter at the Sam OLB position. He is pretty much Jarret Johnson with better ability as a pass rusher, so the Ravens didn't miss a beat replacing JJ (from what I've seen of him so far anyway). I keep saying that McClellan is part of the answer at ILB, because he is such a good run defender, but I still strongly believe in investing a high draft pick into a ILB in 2013.

The D line needs some more pieces too, but I'm pretty sure you can fix this defense in an offseason, we have the pieces, it's just bringing in some new faces and getting rid of the ineffective ones. The offense may suffer however.

i know the ravens believe in pick the best talent on the board but i got to belive in next draft it will be pick defense beofre offense regardless of the talent on the board on offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i know the ravens believe in pick the best talent on the board but i got to belive in next draft it will be pick defense beofre offense regardless of the talent on the board on offense.
    It should pretty much be entirely defense.

DL and LB.

Ravens need a dt who can collapse the pocket.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't get that Solo, this is what Cody and Ngata was doing last year under Chuck P..so what the hell happened this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't get that Solo, this is what Cody and Ngata was doing last year under Chuck P..so what the hell happened this season?
    Ngata was hurt and frankly wasn't any better after he got hurt than he is now...while he is hurt again.

Cody also had a solid start, but he started to struggle in the later part of the season and playoffs...Chuck was there as Texans and Pats ran pretty much at will in the playoffs and even some of the teams at the end of the regular season.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Cody has been absolutely atrocious. I see him consistently get blown off the ball with ease.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Cody has been absolutely atrocious. I see him consistently get blown off the ball with ease.
    Technique. Chris Myer may be 50lbs smaller than Cody, but he consistently got under his pads and drove Cody out of the way.

Cody is talented and capable of being one of the better run stoppers in the league...he just needs to learn better technique.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.