Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens potentially in London next year

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    In that case I might go and support minny
    In that case I will be in the USA rooting for the Meteor lol
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    So the Steelers drew the short straw and have to make the 7 hour flight over and 8.5 hour flight back.

I have no problem with the Ravens playing there but it does take a toll. It is usually a home game before the trip and a bye after the trip.

Who is the other team hosting a game there?
    The flight can be negotiated by the bye. The important thing of this from a 2013 Raven perspective is when the game is - 29th September. That means the Steelers get yet another early bye - week 5.

For one week only at Wembley next year I will be supporting the Vikings!

Well us Purples have to stick together right!

The affects on teams travelling are massively overstated- in fact, the Giants said that making the trip in 2007 was one of the key factors in them going on to win the Superbowl later that season.

There is also a massive slant towards the home team, and British neutrals are savvy enough to make sure that the home team gets all the support, making noise on defence etc. Whilst it will never make up completely for loss of home advantage, it's not as pronounced as many who haven't experienced it think.

It would also have major benefits in terms of fan base. Unfortunately there aren't many Ravens fans over here (the majority support teams that have been successful in 80s/90s when the sport first became popular here. However, on NFLUK forums, the teams that have been over are noticeably catching up with the more established fan bases over here (ie Bucs, Saints etc have become pretty popular).
    “I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played,” - Double J will always be a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Will keep that in mind!!

Flight still has to be a ton of money to get there I would imagine.
    I flew to London in February, booking about 3 weeks in advance and I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 round trip.
    If life hands you a lemon... throw it at somebody!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    The flight can be negotiated by the bye. The important thing of this from a 2013 Raven perspective is when the game is - 29th September. That means the Steelers get yet another early bye - week 5.
    This was my first thought when I heard it was September 29 - Early bye for the Steelers. I think that is good for us!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Unfortunately, it also means that the Vikings will host. That means that the Steelers get away with 8 home games, 7 road games, and 1 neutral game, and that game will probably have more Steeler fans than Vikings fans. Not good considering how bad they are on the road, and how Heinz has been bailing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    and that game will probably have more Steeler fans than Vikings fans. Not good considering how bad they are on the road, and how Heinz has been bailing them out.
    There may be more official Steeler fans, but the neutrals will all support the Vikes (NFC North rival fans aside, of course). The 'neutral' advantage to the Steelers will be minimal.
    “I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played,” - Double J will always be a Raven