Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Josh Bynes and Adrian Hamilton top candidates for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    IDK if it's just a typo on the Ravens roster on the website but it has Anthony Allen not listed on the active roster, but on the practice squad. They've updated it with the Rainey move up and have moved Webb to IR. Don't know if that's just a mistake though.
    Hm. Only 52 players listed on the active roster (inclu#52, who hasn't been moved to IR yet). Since AA is at the top of the alphabet, it might just be a slip--a search found nothing on the team website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    IDK if it's just a typo on the Ravens roster on the website but it has Anthony Allen not listed on the active roster, but on the practice squad. They've updated it with the Rainey move up and have moved Webb to IR. Don't know if that's just a mistake though.

Interesting. Not sure if that's a move they plan to make, but it's definitely not on the official transaction reports from the league. Also, for Allen to make it to the PS, he's got to be released and clear waivers, so the entire transaction (so to speak) wouldn't happen until 24 hours later, even if he had been released from the 53 today.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Maybe the website got ahead of the personnel department. It sure doesn't make sense to carry 4 running backs and Leach. Having Rainey and Allen swap places does make sense however - as Rainey can serve as a return man and he did outperform Allen in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I seriously doubt the Ravens would trade for Talib. One, he's had more than a few personal conduct issues. Two, I can't see the Ravens wasting a pick on a guy they'd have to end up giving a contract when they have Webb that just got a big contract and Jimmy Smith who is a former 1st rounder.
    Having Talib and Jimmy Smith would give the Ravens the most badass starting CBs in football....literally.

Although, Jimmy, with all his problems at Colorado, has kept his nose clean here. Talib is a disaster of a human being. He acts like a child on the football field and is one of the biggest criminals the NFL has ever seen off the field. He makes Pacman Jones or the late Chris Henry look like solid citizens.

He is darn talented though.

Blog Entries

Who in the hell is going to trade for rainey when they could have poached him off the ps over the last seven weeks. If anythin, anthony allen will get demoted.

Blog Entries

Talib is on a four game suspension... would seem a pointless move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ames-adderall/

Blog Entries

I would rather see Hamilton get the call up (if it is between Bynes and Hamilton).

Hamilton is a speed rusher and could at least allow them to slide McClellan back to ILB on certain downs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Talib is on a four game suspension... would seem a pointless move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ames-adderall/
    He's overrated, too.

Blog Entries

whats Talib gaining us? our secondary was getting torched even with Webb out there. Webb may be our best Corner, but we are deep at that position and this is exactly why you want to be, so you dont make rash decisions. pass rush is and continues to be this teams biggest issue. With the loss of lewis as well as an uncertain Suggs, im not sure how well respond. Im not willing to say the seasons over, but it certainly looks a little more dire even at 5-1. The offense was carrying us, but now its going to have to be an elite one and im not 100% sure thats where were at... yet.

Man, I go to Mexico for a week and come back to Lewis & Webb out and Haloti playing on a torn MCL. Im never leaving the country again... at least during football season.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    He's overrated, too.
    Pretty much.

Far from a shutdown CB. Pass.

looks like we won't be seeing Hamilton :(...Bynes was promoted

Evidently the Ravens IRd Ray with the designation that would enable him to return this year. I don't think anybody believes he can or will return and PLAY. I think that is just the Ravens saying that if we get to the Superbowl, Ray will be reactivated and put on the 53 man roster - irrespective of whether he can play or not. If that is what they are doing its the mark of a class organization.