Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Re: We will go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
    I agree. I think our offense isn't really getting enough credit from the OP. And I know we gave up 200+ yards on the ground two weeks in a row—and that is definitely a problem we need to fix—but we are still 2-0 in those games. This team is not one dimensional.
    I don't trust this offense to carry us week to week. It's not any specific player... I love them all. It's the combination of all of it. Some games the WRs can't get separation, some games the O-line struggles, and in some games O-line penalties kill us.

But I agree... all this team needs is 2 long scoring drives from the O and 2-3 stops from the D and we'll be in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Some people want so bad to be able to say "I told you so" that they start threads like this and the one stating that we should sit half our starters next week and concede defeat because fans and media believe we'll lose anyway.

The Ravens thank you for your support.

Who needs opposing fans trolling in here when we have our own doing it for them?
    This

I say we finish 3-12 and 1 seeing as how the league is going to award last week's game to Dallas and redefine two weeks ago as a tie because of a new retroactive rule that says that if you rush for at least 200 yards, your team is automatically awarded 3 points.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I agree that my statement is inflammatory and controversial... that's why I posted a new thread. Those thread predicted a record for a different team. The past 2 weeks have changed the outlook of this season in a way we never would have predicted. In the past, giving up a 100 yrds rushing was news. Now 200+ looks to be the norm.

When was the last time we beat Peyton Manning? We also do not match up well against San Diego's TE and WRs. As far as the divisional games go. You know, regardless of record and talent of the team they are hard fought and close. But if we let any of those teams control the ball for 40 min. and put up 200 yards on the ground... we won't win many of those. The last 2 weeks have been the exception, not the rule.

Well, as a fan this is how I approach each game. This post doesn't mean I'm not a fan and don't care. I'm sick when this team loses. I wake up with cold sweats and nightmares...
    When was the last time the Broncos beat the Ravens? Go ahead and look, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    No reason to sit here and predict anything. We need to see how our defense plays without a stud CB and without a HOF LB.

With that being said, I don't think we will miss Ray as much as we will miss Webb. Ray's tackles have mostly come at the second level this year. Meaning he's chasing down people who have cleared our leaking D-line. I don't see him as a sideline to sideline force anymore. What really will be misses is his leadership on the field and his on-field coaching of the younger players.

Honestly, I think the young guys could surprise us. Our defense has been pretty bad... "cant get much worse" bad on many occasions. Think about it.. Dallas punted in the first quarter and never punted again.. 40+ minutes of possession. It can't get much worse, right?

Let's check back in at 4 PM on Sunday and re-visit this topic.
    This.

I actually think we will be fine during the regular season because not many teams have 3 WRs that can spread us out. It's deep in the playoffs or SB that losing Webb could kill us. Losing Ray hurts, but I heard he will stay with the team so that should help the motivation aspect. His level of play can be replaced.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You still want to call San Diego a loss after their embarrassment last night? You think the Cowboys meltdown was bad?

I still have us at 12-4. Either we sweep Pittsburgh who has no running game right now and can be beaten defensively themselves, or we split with them and take one of the other games. I still refuse to simply concede the Houston game.
    Yeah, mostly because it's on the road cross country sandwiched between the two Steeler games. If they were coming here I'd give us a W for it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we beat the Texans next week, I bet you any money that he will never post here again.
    haha... Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? While I may go out on a limb with a bold prediction... I do not have a problem with taking my lumps when they are due. Believe me.. if the Ravens beat the Texans, I will be so happy.... you guys can sticky this to the top of the page and call me any names you want. And I'll still take you out for beers.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Peyton Manning has never had great games against us, I really don't understand where that stupid myth comes from. He had a good game back in the 09 play offs, and that was it. The rest of the time it's been us losing the games rather than Manning, if you look at his statistics, he has never really had a good game playing us.

Oh and I really don't understand why everyone thinks the Broncos are going to walk into M and T and beat us, especially with Suggs on the field. And a 3 game losing streak? We've not lost back to back games for years, go troll somewhere else.
    Suggs will not be game ready. If you think he will make an impact this year you are delusional. The point is Manning owns the Ravens. They will not walk into M & T. They're coming with a game plan and game ready. They know what to expect when they get here. And stop calling those that disagree with you trolls. It's like you're final statement. Really!
    Last edited by Bawlamer; 10-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Haha. ;) Actually it was not cut and pasted. While I do say the same thing, I re-wrote it. And what does it have to do with ego? That thread turned into a Ray Lewis centered discussion... and not talking about the Ravens season as a whole. I felt like what I said got buried by the close to simultaneous release of the Ray Lewis news. It was ignored there and I want to hear some updated predictions. A discussion. I'm not simply saying the Sky is Falling. I looked at each game on the schedule and have my reasons.
    Honestly the only time you come out of the woodworks is when doomsayers are out in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    When was the last time the Broncos beat the Ravens? Go ahead and look, I'll wait.
    They have a stable QB now and a couple decent WRs. Just saying, they are a different team. I don't think the Texans have ever beat us either... but it's bound to happen, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Honestly the only time you come out of the woodworks is when doomsayers are out in full force.
    Yeah, no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Suggs will not be game ready. If you think he will make an impact this year you are delusional. The point is Manning owns the Ravens. They will not walk into M & T. Theiy're coming with a game plan and game ready. They know what to expect when they get here. And stop calling those that disagree with you trolls. It's like you're final statement. Really!

So you can call people who are simply reporting what the team and Suggs are saying delusional, but people who are getting their kicks ( remember he admitted to making this thread because he wanted to cause controversy because he was ignored the last time he said this incipient bullshit) getting called trolls crosses a line?

GTFOOH.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron