Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Re: We will go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Thanks for bringing this post back, couch coaches always know whats going to happen. Thats why they watch the games. Hope he didn't bet any money on his prediction.
    Damn, is a man not allowed to have an opinion here? Lol.... So. I was wrong. I did bet someone lunch... but they won't take me up on the offer.

But, lets not forget that Ben was out and will be out for the next game too. That changes the scenario a little, don't you think? The Ravens didn't beat the Steelers because they played a great game... The Ravens won because the Steelers had a crappy QB that still may have beat us if didn't hurt himself on the first drive of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    The Ravens didn't beat the Steelers because they played a great game... The Ravens won because the Steelers had a crappy QB that still may have beat us if didn't hurt himself on the first drive of the game.
    These are the same Steelers that lost to the Raiders and Titans, correct? And that was with their non-crappy QB.

Blog Entries

Damn, is a man not allowed to have an opinion here? Lol.... So. I was wrong. I did bet someone lunch... but they won't take me up on the offer.

But, lets not forget that Ben was out and will be out for the next game too. That changes the scenario a little, don't you think? The Ravens didn't beat the Steelers because they played a great game... The Ravens won because the Steelers had a crappy QB that still may have beat us if didn't hurt himself on the first drive of the game.
    And lets not forget that you predicted that the Baltimore Ravens were going to go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And lets not forget that you predicted that the Baltimore Ravens were going to go 8-8.
    Yes, I did.

I predicted:
    Houston - L
    Browns - L (W)
    Oakland - W
    Pittsburgh - L (W)
    S.D. - L
    Pittsburgh - W
    Redskins - W
    Broncos - L
    Giants - L
    Bengals - L

Yes, I did.

I predicted:
    Houston - L
    Browns - L (W)
    Oakland - W
    Pittsburgh - L (W)
    S.D. - L
    Pittsburgh - W
    Redskins - W
    Broncos - L
    Giants - L
    Bengals - L
    If you're wrong on just one more L prediction, we're in pretty good shape. I think you will be; barring even more key injuries I don't see this team losing 3 in a row to end the season.

Blog Entries

I predict two straight losses at Houston and Cleveland. We will beat the Raiders. Then, we will lose the last 5 of 7. That is my new close to midseason "doomsday" prediction.

EDIT: I also predict that Suggs will have little, if any impact on the D. I would not be entirely surprised if he ends up being IR'ed after a couple weeks of practice.
    It wasn't just the losses, this whole thread is total fail

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It wasn't just the losses, this whole thread is total fail
    Yes. I failed. In hindsight, my prediction looks absurd. But, at the time (just after the Dallas game) if the Ravens continued to play defense the way they had. 8-8 could have happened, although a more conservative and realistic prediction would have been 9-7 or even 10-6. But that's what a bunch of people would have said to play it safe.

A number of things have changed. Suggs is back, we have (it appears) to have found a decent CB to help out, and the new rotation on the DL is stepping up against the run. If these additions hold up to the level we have see the past couple of games, and we can steadily improve our pass rush, we should be in great shape. This team desperately needs home field advantage to get to a Superbowl.

Blog Entries

Sorry, but I have to bring this thread back hahahahaha.

9. Re: We will go 8-8.

1NB4L0CX

:P

Seriously though this thread's assertion is no longer possible

All these "I told you so" threads look ridiculous now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    All these "I told you so" threads look ridiculous now.
    Kind of sad. I understand being upset by a loss but these predictions are ridiculous and borderline idiotic.

Blog Entries
    This thread epic failed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk