Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Re: We will go 8-8.

There are plenty of predictions threads. He wants to drop his prediction in one of those, fine, people can call it laughable there. Making a new thread, effectively copy/pasting his post from another thread, and then editing his post to say, oh yeah, btw, Suggs won't do shit either, is simply aimed at getting people riled up. That is what a troll does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Sorry. The post was not intended for you.
    '
    I knew... just reiterating what you said and adding my .02. I couldn't stop my ego.... ;)

No reason to sit here and predict anything. We need to see how our defense plays without a stud CB and without a HOF LB.

With that being said, I don't think we will miss Ray as much as we will miss Webb. Ray's tackles have mostly come at the second level this year. Meaning he's chasing down people who have cleared our leaking D-line. I don't see him as a sideline to sideline force anymore. What really will be misses is his leadership on the field and his on-field coaching of the younger players.

Honestly, I think the young guys could surprise us. Our defense has been pretty bad... "cant get much worse" bad on many occasions. Think about it.. Dallas punted in the first quarter and never punted again.. 40+ minutes of possession. It can't get much worse, right?

Let's check back in at 4 PM on Sunday and re-visit this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    No reason to sit here and predict anything. We need to see how our defense plays without a stud CB and without a HOF LB.

With that being said, I don't think we will miss Ray as much as we will miss Webb. Ray's tackles have mostly come at the second level this year. Meaning he's chasing down people who have cleared our leaking D-line. I don't see him as a sideline to sideline force anymore. What really will be misses is his leadership on the field and his on-field coaching of the younger players.

Honestly, I think the young guys could surprise us. Our defense has been pretty bad... "cant get much worse" bad on many occasions. Think about it.. Dallas punted in the first quarter and never punted again.. 40+ minutes of possession. It can't get much worse, right?

Let's check back in at 4 PM on Sunday and re-visit this topic.
    Totally agree. Let's see how this team looks after Sunday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    There are plenty of predictions threads. He wants to drop his prediction in one of those, fine, people can call it laughable there. Making a new thread, effectively copy/pasting his post from another thread, and then editing his post to say, oh yeah, btw, Suggs won't do shit either, is simply aimed at getting people riled up. That is what a troll does.
    I agree that my statement is inflammatory and controversial... that's why I posted a new thread. Those thread predicted a record for a different team. The past 2 weeks have changed the outlook of this season in a way we never would have predicted. In the past, giving up a 100 yrds rushing was news. Now 200+ looks to be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    ...and the three games against the AFC West we can at least pull out 4 wins. I think 9-7 would be enough to get us into the playoffs.
    When was the last time we beat Peyton Manning? We also do not match up well against San Diego's TE and WRs. As far as the divisional games go. You know, regardless of record and talent of the team they are hard fought and close. But if we let any of those teams control the ball for 40 min. and put up 200 yards on the ground... we won't win many of those. The last 2 weeks have been the exception, not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    We need fans who believe in this team. Let's take one week at a time and right now it's Houston.
    Well, as a fan this is how I approach each game. This post doesn't mean I'm not a fan and don't care. I'm sick when this team loses. I wake up with cold sweats and nightmares...

Blog Entries

Peyton Manning has never had great games against us, I really don't understand where that stupid myth comes from. He had a good game back in the 09 play offs, and that was it. The rest of the time it's been us losing the games rather than Manning, if you look at his statistics, he has never really had a good game playing us.

Oh and I really don't understand why everyone thinks the Broncos are going to walk into M and T and beat us, especially with Suggs on the field. And a 3 game losing streak? We've not lost back to back games for years, go troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Houston - L
    Browns - W
    Oakland - W
    Pittsburgh - L
    S.D. - L
    Pittsburgh - W
    Redskins - W
    Broncos - L
    Giants - L
    Bengals - W

Worst case, I say 10-6. And that's worst case. I can certainly see them beating the Broncos or Giants at home, even if they drop one of the other games I'm giving them a W for.
    You still want to call San Diego a loss after their embarrassment last night? You think the Cowboys meltdown was bad?

I still have us at 12-4. Either we sweep Pittsburgh who has no running game right now and can be beaten defensively themselves, or we split with them and take one of the other games. I still refuse to simply concede the Houston game.

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    We're riding a 4-game win streak pretty much on the strength of our offense alone. And *knock wood* the offense seems pretty healthy right now. So to predict a 3-7 stretch the rest of the way seems way too pessimistic to me, despite the level of competition coming up...
    I agree. I think our offense isn't really getting enough credit from the OP. And I know we gave up 200+ yards on the ground two weeks in a row—and that is definitely a problem we need to fix—but we are still 2-0 in those games. This team is not one dimensional.

Some people want so bad to be able to say "I told you so" that they start threads like this and the one stating that we should sit half our starters next week and concede defeat because fans and media believe we'll lose anyway.

The Ravens thank you for your support.

Who needs opposing fans trolling in here when we have our own doing it for them?

Can we at least see what adjustments the team makes in the first game post-Webby and Ray before we declare the final record to be .500?

I think people are assuming that there is a team left on the schedule that's dominant enough to guarantee a loss, there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I agree that my statement is inflammatory and controversial... that's why I posted a new thread. Those thread predicted a record for a different team. The past 2 weeks have changed the outlook of this season in a way we never would have predicted. In the past, giving up a 100 yrds rushing was news. Now 200+ looks to be the norm.

When was the last time we beat Peyton Manning? We also do not match up well against San Diego's TE and WRs. As far as the divisional games go. You know, regardless of record and talent of the team they are hard fought and close. But if we let any of those teams control the ball for 40 min. and put up 200 yards on the ground... we won't win many of those. The last 2 weeks have been the exception, not the rule.
    The past two weeks have changed YOUR outlook for the season, not THE outlook for the season.

We still have a top 3 offense in the NFL.

We still have a former defensive player of the year and hall of famer patrolling the secondary, a 3 time pro bowler and best defensive tackle in the league, another former DPOY and future hall of famer on his way back from injury, in addition to Pollard who is playing at a Pro Bowl level this season, and increased speed in our LB corps.

Besides, the offense has carried the team any way. It's not like we lost Joe or Ray Rice or Torrey Smith. Those would be truly devastating injuries. As it stands, Ray Lewis being out certainly doesn't negatively affect the teams ability to win games, and while Webb's injury hurts us more, we're trotting out a former 1st round pick who has looked solid. If he can cut out the stupid shit, he'd look like an all pro, and that's something that comes with time and exposure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Some people want so bad to be able to say "I told you so" that they start threads like this and the one stating that we should sit half our starters next week and concede defeat because fans and media believe we'll lose anyway.

The Ravens thank you for your support.

Who needs opposing fans trolling in here when we have our own doing it for them?
    If we beat the Texans next week, I bet you any money that he will never post here again.