Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: We will go 8-8.

Re: We will go 8-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Whoa, hold on just a minute. I give the Ravens zero chance? I'll be as horse as you the next day. The Ravens, in Baltimore, will come to play and I'm hoping for a win. However if I were a betting man I'd keep my money in my pocket. Couldn't there be anything sweeter than beating Manning on our turf? I can't think of anything. In our house the Ravens have every chance. Let's hope Denver's issues are pronounced and let's hope that Joe and Rice are on.
    +1

Houston - W (We load he box, stop Foster, while Flacco gives un early comfortable lead).
    Browns - W (We dominate them in their stadium as we usually do. 'Nuff said.)
    Oakland - W (Shoot out with Tucker kicking last second FG in close-than-expected game).
    Pittsburgh - A high-scoring game the Ravens lose because Suggs, while dominant against the run, has't recovered his explosiveness as a pass rusher.)
    S.D. - W. This team got worse since the last time we played them, and they've not really done anything.
    Pittsburgh - Win, in blowout fashion.
    Redskins - W. Close win, although RGIII lights our defense up with his legs.
    Broncos - W. We jump out to an early lead, Manning leads another comeback, only to have it fall short on an (ironic) Willis McGahee fumble.
    Giants - W. Ray Rice takes over this game, going 22/175, 2 TDs, 5 rec/83 yards.
    Bengals - Loss. Starters rested, Bengals still fighting for WC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Right! However when you consider what he was up against the numbers speak volumes. Beating our defense when healthy isn't easy. I wouldn't expect to see lopsided numbers. Yet he won. Let's get back to the issue. You really think the Ravens will beat Denver? I'll go first... No. Because I'm a troll or a pessimist? No! The sudden impact of what just happened to out defense leads me to that conclusion. Ask you: What would we have to loose as a defense before you would agree that the win is slightly in Denver's favor?
    I don't get why people think we won't beat Denver. Have they not been watching that team this year? They really aren't very good. The ONLY reason they won last night is because Phillip Rivers turned the ball over SIX times!

And for that matter, why does anyone think San Diego will beat us? If we are looking at teams and how they've been playing(including the Ravens), I don't get it.

And everyone is ready to hand Houston the game this week too. Hello, they got blown out by the Packers at home. Have the Ravens been blown out this year even just once????? (for the record I am still picking Houston in this game, but it's no where near the mortal lock some would have you believe).

Blog Entries

I have a question for you Redskins. If we beat the Texans this week, then what would your prediction be?

We? What's with the douche bag name if you're a Ravens fan?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I have a question for you Redskins. If we beat the Texans this week, then what would your prediction be?
    Wow! Hmmm.... I guess it depends on the circumstances of the win. If someone (Ellerbe) comes in and lights it up at LB in replacement of Lewis and the Secondary plays strong.... and it's a well deserved win (Not necessarily a dominating win, but a win that isn't a fluke). And, if they could replicate that performance week in and week out, then I would probably guess in the range of 11-5ish.... That would be an impressive win.

But if it were another win where we give up 500 yds and only possess the ball for 20 min... then I would stand by my poor prediction for the remainder of the season.... although I guess it would probably be 9-7, since they got a win in a game where I predicted a loss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    ... But if it were another win where we give up 500 yds and only possess the ball for 20 min... then I would stand by my poor prediction for the remainder of the season.... although I guess it would probably be 9-7, since they got a win in a game where I predicted a loss.
    I guess you don't understand that the Ravens and Texans are the only two AFC teams over .500 now... or that if the Ravens win, they will be the #1 seed as of October 21st. The AFC does not have a really dominant team at this time, so why (Bc asks rhetorically) can't the Ravens thrive in this 2012 environment? Your negativity may end up being dead-on, but since it's all conjecture, I feel just the opposite... Bc

Our pass rush remains a concern. Webb is a definate loss.

But why does everyone think there will be a dropoff in the LB corp with Lewis down? The Ravens defense played admirably the last time he went down, and dare I say it, better and more athletically with out him.

PS: as scary as Arian Foster is, Houstons WRs have been inconsistent and their offensive and defensive lines are both in shambles. I think the Ravens have a fighters chance at the end if Flacco, Rice and and co. can be efficient with their posessions throughout the game. That's really all you can ask for on the road, against a quality opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I guess you don't understand that the Ravens and Texans are the only two AFC teams over .500 now... or that if the Ravens win, they will be the #1 seed as of October 21st. The AFC does not have a really dominant team at this time, so why (Bc asks rhetorically) can't the Ravens thrive in this 2012 environment? Your negativity may end up being dead-on, but since it's all conjecture, I feel just the opposite... Bc
    "but since it's all conjecture"

I agree 100%. And I agree with your point. But I just don't see it happening. Also, I do realize they will be the #1 seed as of October 21st, but October 21st is not December 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Our pass rush remains a concern. Webb is a definate loss.

But why does everyone think there will be a dropoff in the LB corp with Lewis down? The Ravens defense played admirably the last time he went down, and dare I say it, better and more athletically with out him.

PS: as scary as Arian Foster is, Houstons WRs have been inconsistent and their offensive and defensive lines are both in shambles. I think the Ravens have a fighters chance at the end if Flacco, Rice and and co. can be efficient with their posessions throughout the game. That's really all you can ask for on the road, against a quality opponent.
    Not everyone does. Personally, I feel as though the defense is about to improve.

Blog Entries

I know I'm counted among the resident boo birds, but funny thing--I feel curiously upbeat about the rest of the season. Look at it this way:

The defense is now missing its first-ballot-HOF field general, the reigning DPOY, and one of the top young CBs in the league.

The offense is probably going to need to score points in bunches to keep the team in games, & while it has the hosses to do it, it has to do it with an OL consisting of 2 guys still learning their positions (Oher & KO) and 2 old guys who are an injury away from retirement.

I think we can all agree that the team is walking the cliff's edge right now: One more major injury (or, I hate to say it, Sizzle not making it back to playing condition this year) & they could easily go into freefall (remember 2007). And the so-called law of averages affords no protection--the chances of someone else getting hurt are pretty much the same as they were last Sunday morning.

But:

They're 5-1. Tied for the best record in the AFC, with a 2 game lead in the division. Even if they lose at Houston they will still go into the bye week a game ahead of one divisional rival and 2 or more games ahead of the others, and in line for the #2 seed.

After Week 9--halfway through the season--the Ravens will still be no worse than tied for the top of the AFC North.
    IOW, they're playing with house money right now. They've suffered terrible adversity, and the "smart money" has already written the season off. But there is time to regroup, refigure, rededicate, while staying (mathematically at least) in the hunt for the postseason.

Can they do it? Can the underachievers elevate their games? Can real leaders step forward & guide them to do whatever it takes to win? Can the coaches get past any remaining preconceived notions & embrace whatever works??

I think the Ravens can still make it to the dance--10-6 ought to do it, & going 5-5 the rest of the way is a real possibility. (I don't know why I think that, but I just don't believe Harbaugh will allow a 2007-like collapse.) And then anything can happen. (And yeah, you might construe that as "whistling past the graveyard"--but in the current state of affairs, what's the alternative?)

Even if this season goes down the tubes, it won't be lost: We will learn so much more about what sort of team this is, what sort of players they have (& what sort they need to find), & how to reinvent it going forward.

For Ravens fans who can accept the adversity & put their disappointment behind them, it's gonna be a helluvan interesting ride.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I predict two straight losses at Houston and Cleveland. We will beat the Raiders. Then, we will lose the last 5 of 7. That is my new close to midseason "doomsday" prediction.

EDIT: I also predict that Suggs will have little, if any impact on the D. I would not be entirely surprised if he ends up being IR'ed after a couple weeks of practice.
    I predict that it will become apparent that you have no clue what the hell your talking about.

Now anyone wanna hazard a guess whose prediction is more likely to come to pass???
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis