Steelers rookie: Already breaking records

For crime. 15 charges in one play.

Steelers rookie arrested on 15 counts of DUI, resisting-arrest charges after car chase, wreck
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5847--nfl.html

Re: Steelers rookie: Already breaking records

They better not ever talk about how much of a class organization they have. They have as many player arrests in the last few years as any team in the league.

Man I hate that "Class Organization" label. Football is a business. There is no team more or less "classy" than another. And I will say there have only been maybe two arrests in the last two years. That is not much at all. However, if we do the math, I be the arrest rate for NFL players is much higher than that of the total population of the US. Most of us just go about our business, while NFL players seemingly find themselves in trouble way too much.

An organization no more controls the actions of players than the rising of the sun every day. The best they can do is not hire potential troublemakers with a history and ditch players who do things such as this guy did. He should never be allowed back in the league. However, the league is selective. If it is good for business, it is good for the team, and hence some things can be overlooked. Take Vic for instance. Convicted felon allowed back into the league. And in addition he earns a "Courage Award."

Like I said, football is a business. See ya Ta'amu.....

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    They better not ever talk about how much of a class organization they have. They have as many player arrests in the last few years as any team in the league.

Blog Entries

Coming from a Steelers fan: There is no "Steelers Standard". Simple as that. All teams have a rotten apple or two *Cough* Harrison/Ta'amu *Cough*