Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 868788
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1056

Re: Game Thread Cowboys @ Ravens 10/14

That point where you no longer care how the team wins, as long as they win?......I'm there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That is ridiculous. All teams in the NFL are good. A win is a win at the end of the day. Look at the Browns beating the Bungles.

Yes the D has issues, but that's just going to be this team's MO. We need the offense to win it.
    I'm not a perennial moaner (well not on this board anyway) and I don't enjoy when the Ravens lose. But that last few drives, and the defensive performance all game, was just really bad. It is the first time I've ever felt this way about a Ravens win, so overwhelmed with the feeling that we escaped the inevitable, and deserved, defeat.

I mean even if you want to look at the offense they were sporadic performers that put the D in holes a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yay... Another week of listening to you whiners bitch about a win.

Hey, you know what you call a team that wins ugly games every week?

WINNERS.
    I'm usually on your side but come on. This is Ravens message board and we're going to have to discuss the issues with the team. There is a glaring, consistent issue with this team and it needs to be dissected and discussed...INTELLIGENTLY.

We won and you bet your sweet ass I'm happy. But it's just not possible for us to do this for 18-19 games. There needs to be a change.

We're 5-1! I have a smile on my face. But I want to see this team win the Super Bowl and I think you would agree that this defense needs to improve to do that. Maybe it's the addition of a healthy Suggs, maybe it's some personnel change along the D Line, maybe it's a scheme change. I think all of these things warrant some merit and discussion.

Go Ravens.

The problem is the brain trust puts the brakes on the offense, then mashes the pedal down, then brakes it again - like its a friggin chess game. Just open it up - let Joe go full speed and worry about where the defense is at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I've never felt as disgusted by a win as this. I don't think we deserve it.
    Personally I'm thinking this is going to be a special year for the Ravens. In years past, we lose this kind of game. Many times has the other team got the breaks and won(steelers, pats, and falcons). Yea, ryan was fantastic today( despite his play) they won by a last minute field goal again. I'll take the win and be happy about it. To those who complain and bitch(well you are consistent as usual)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I'm not a perennial moaner (well not on this board anyway) and I don't enjoy when the Ravens lose. But that last few drives, and the defensive performance all game, was just really bad. It is the first time I've ever felt this way about a Ravens win, so overwhelmed with the feeling that we escaped the inevitable, and deserved, defeat.

I mean even if you want to look at the offense they were sporadic performers that put the D in holes a few times.
    There is no scenerio I see in this game where then offense shoulders any responsibility for this near loss.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The problem is the brain trust puts the brakes on the offense, then mashes the pedal down, then brakes it again - like its a friggin chess game. Just open it up - let Joe go full speed and worry about where the defense is at the end of the game.
    Sometimes the opposing defense actually plays well enough to stop you - even the best offense doesn't score on every drive.

Does anyone feel like the efficiency of our offense is actually a problem? We're almost too good. We come out on the field and score in like 2 to 3 minutes and then it's right back on for the defense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Does anyone feel like the efficiency of our offense is actually a problem? We're almost too good. We come out on the field and score in like 2 to 3 minutes and then it's right back on for the defense.

It's only an issue when your defense doesn't force the opposing team to punt at any point in the game. The Cowboys had ONE punt today. ONE. In the third quarter.

If the defense makes one or two other stops and the offense continues to score you could be looking at a 3 score differential today.

Sure, I get that. By the same token, we have no clock management anymore. Score wise, we're even, but our terribad defense has to play a lot more. They're already struggling and now we're forcing them to struggle more.

I understand that it's a catch 22, but I'm just putting it out there

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post

We're 5-1! I have a smile on my face. But I want to see this team win the Super Bowl and I think you would agree that this defense needs to improve to do that.
    Last year's 2 Super Bowl participants were both bottom 5 defenses...one of which was one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Sure, I get that. By the same token, we have no clock management anymore. Score wise, we're even, but our terribad defense has to play a lot more. They're already struggling and now we're forcing them to struggle more.

I understand that it's a catch 22, but I'm just putting it out there

Sure. But when you keep scoring, clock management becomes less of an issue. If the defense makes a couple key stops today, and the Ravens score off them, then you aren't as worried about it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2