Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: AW just tweeted that Williams is starting in place of Harewood

Good move at the right time. Didnt like Harewood going up against Houston in Houston in loud environment. Gives him a week extra under his belt. Experience is needed. Basically starting 2 rookies made me nervous.

also Bobbie has that shorter more stout natural guard body type that should allow him to handle those power rushers better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    also Bobbie has that shorter more stout natural guard body type that should allow him to handle those power rushers better
    I don't know about that, Bobbie is 6'5, he's taller than many think, but he is more built to be a guard than what Harewood is for sure.

Are you sure it's true? He tweets lies, you know?

Blog Entries

I get the feeling that this has been in the works for a while. It sounds like they were just waiting for Williams to heal up and get up to speed with the offense.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't know about that, Bobbie is 6'5, he's taller than many think, but he is more built to be a guard than what Harewood is for sure.
    Yea but its not a taller athletic build like Harewood, Harewood has a tackle body type and easier to get up under and probably not as strong in the lower body. You can certaintly tell the difference in the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yes, and if Ngata had trouble with Williams in the past, then this could be a real good move right at the right time.
    It could give our Oline a shot in the arm. I really like that we have legit options along our Oline.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear, I think this may mean they're going to run the ball more against Dallas and try to have long sustained drives.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I agree that this move was in the making and they were waiting for williams to heal. They did not sign him to be a back up.

I can see the next move possibly inovolving KO, while he has played well, he needs to work on his teqnique vs speed rushers. I am fine with Oher, he has been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Glad to hear, I think this may mean they're going to run the ball more against Dallas and try to have long sustained drives.
    how do you come to thay conclusion? Run blocking is what harewood has done really well, pass blocking has left a lot to de.desired. also bobby w is known for pass blocking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    how do you come to thay conclusion? Run blocking is what harewood has done really well, pass blocking has left a lot to de.desired. also bobby w is known for pass blocking.
    Pretty much what you said.

Nothing was really wrong with Harewood in terms of run blocking, his pass protection was what he really struggled with.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully this will improve the overall pass protection. I like that they allowed Harewood the opportunity and all things considered he did pretty well when most of us weren't even thinking he would make the team.

Maybe this also had to do with Williams having a tough time picking up the calls?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    total brain fart, I was reading this on my new phone (squinting) and somehow thinking it meant McKinnie was going to play. Now I see it's Harewood on the right side, which makes sense seeing how Osemele has struggled.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    total brain fart, I was reading this on my new phone (squinting) and somehow thinking it meant McKinnie was going to play. Now I see it's Harewood on the right side, which makes sense seeing how Osemele has struggled.
    I'm confused, is harewood playing rt and Williams lg, with ko being dropped?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe this also had to do with Williams having a tough time picking up the calls?
    Perhaps, but he's also an older (36 in September) vet, and probably fresh and ready to go. Maybe he will start 4 - 6 games, then be replaced by Harewood and become the OG back-up again (?) AND now that Jah Reid is healthy, it looks like the Ravens Oline is pretty deep... Bc