Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

AW just tweeted that Williams is starting in place of Harewood

Link in a sec.

Re: AW just tweeted that Williams is starting in place of Harewood

Dammit. Beat me to it:) We knew he was struggling but I guess the coaching staff had enough after looking at the tape from KC. Well Ozzie signed this guy for depth purposes so let's hope this move pays dividends.

Blog Entries

Harewood did a good job at times as a run blocker, but he needs some more time to develope as a capable pass blocker if the Ravens think he can be the left guard going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Harewood did a good job at times as a run blocker, but he needs some more time to develope as a capable pass blocker if the Ravens think he can be the left guard going forward.
    Which leads me to my next thought. Does Bobbie Williams excel more at run blocking or pass blocking. I'm trying to figure out if this change was made long term or was the change made because he fits the schemes and playcalling planned for Dallas. Or maybe it's a combination of both?

Not dissatisfied with this move at all, I like the potential of Harewood but he wasn't improving enough from game to game to warrant keeping Bobbie on the bench. It'd be one thing if Oher and Birk were playing well enough to cover up his mistakes, but so far they aren't. Now lets just hope his ankles hold up.

Blog Entries

I never looked at B. Wms as a starter, but as a back-up to our younger guys (KO & Harewood). Now that 5 games have passed, perhaps he's ready to start in place of Harewood, considering his veteran experience. I hope he's capable enough, but maybe Harewood will be back @ LG later in the season. I really don't care who starts as long as we have depth at the position... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Not dissatisfied with this move at all, I like the potential of Harewood but he wasn't improving enough from game to game to warrant keeping Bobbie on the bench. It'd be one thing if Oher and Birk were playing well enough to cover up his mistakes, but so far they aren't. Now lets just hope his ankles hold up.
    Maybe they were waiting for them finish healing up?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Which leads me to my next thought. Does Bobbie Williams excel more at run blocking or pass blocking. I'm trying to figure out if this change was made long term or was the change made because he fits the schemes and playcalling planned for Dallas. Or maybe it's a combination of both?
    It could be a combination of a number of things like: Williams learning the offense and blocking calls, healing up himself, and then getting into game shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    It could be a combination of a number of things like: Williams learning the offense and blocking calls, healing up himself, and then getting into game shape.
    I know that Williams is a proven commodity but I just worry if he can hold up for the rest of the season given his age (35). Lot of us already have those same concerns with Birk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I know that Williams is a proven commodity but I just worry if he can hold up for the rest of the season given his age (35). Lot of us already have those same concerns with Birk.
    at least we know harewood can come in if that happens. i trust the coaches on this one and i feel good knowing we have some decent linemen (mckinnie included) on the bench.

i like the idea that they are being proactive and can make key personell decisions. harewood may be good but we need to win now because ed and ray aren't getting any younger. williams has the experience we need.