Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: AW just tweeted that Williams is starting in place of Harewood

Bobbie Williams at this point is better in pass protection, and wont offer anything special as a run blocker. I expect Harewood to come in and replace Williams for short yard stuff.

I think it was great that RH got 5 starts under his belt though. Great experience for someone who hadn't played in over 2 years

G3
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Seemed that in the pass game Harewood and Birk got pushed back trying to hold ground to often not allowing Joe to climb the pocket. Not we can do with Birk, hopefully Bobbie can hold strong in that regard and allow Joe more time within the pocket to step into more throws. Maybe even some more 3 step drops. This should help our short and intermediate passing game.

Good move at the right time. Didnt like Harewood going up against Houston in Houston in loud environment. Gives him a week extra under his belt. Experience is needed. Basically starting 2 rookies made me nervous.

also Bobbie has that shorter more stout natural guard body type that should allow him to handle those power rushers better

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    also Bobbie has that shorter more stout natural guard body type that should allow him to handle those power rushers better
    I don't know about that, Bobbie is 6'5, he's taller than many think, but he is more built to be a guard than what Harewood is for sure.

Are you sure it's true? He tweets lies, you know?

Blog Entries

I get the feeling that this has been in the works for a while. It sounds like they were just waiting for Williams to heal up and get up to speed with the offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't know about that, Bobbie is 6'5, he's taller than many think, but he is more built to be a guard than what Harewood is for sure.
    Yea but its not a taller athletic build like Harewood, Harewood has a tackle body type and easier to get up under and probably not as strong in the lower body. You can certaintly tell the difference in the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yes, and if Ngata had trouble with Williams in the past, then this could be a real good move right at the right time.
    It could give our Oline a shot in the arm. I really like that we have legit options along our Oline.

Blog Entries

Glad to hear, I think this may mean they're going to run the ball more against Dallas and try to have long sustained drives.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I agree that this move was in the making and they were waiting for williams to heal. They did not sign him to be a back up.

I can see the next move possibly inovolving KO, while he has played well, he needs to work on his teqnique vs speed rushers. I am fine with Oher, he has been solid.