Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: AW just tweeted that Williams is starting in place of Harewood

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm confused, is harewood playing rt and Williams lg, with ko being dropped?
    Me too--I didn't see anything about him moving to RT, only that he was "drafted as a tackle." If Harewood had problems in pass blocking as a guard, you don't figure he'd be any better in the RT slot. You have to think KO is going to stay out there until further notice.

Blog Entries

sorry for confusing the matter, guess I should've read the article to begin with.

After doing so, this may help some but not sure if it's really that much of a big deal. I'll trust the coaches
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

BL is that Birk is old and beat up and gets pushed back often and Harewood is still to young to cover Birk's in-abilities. Williams has more football and line knowledge. I think we need to start looking at replacing Birk. Maybe even bring McKinnie back in if Williams doesn't fit the bill of covering Birk's (strength) and Oher's ability to block speed rushers. That side of the line needs to gel.

McKinnie, Williams/Harewood, Birk/Gradowski, Yanda, Oher/KO (start developing for LT) Oher is not the answer at LT

Blog Entries

I have to say I'm surprised by this. I thought they would consider moving Oher back to the right side and playing McKinnie, possibly pushing Osemele inside to Harewood's spot, but didn't think they would put Williams in for Harewood. Not real sure I agree with it either - the OL has certainly struggled across the board, but when you make the decision to go with youth, I don't know that you then change your mind five games into the season and go back to an aging veteran who, lets not forget, looked pretty bad in the preseason.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have to say I'm surprised by this. I thought they would consider moving Oher back to the right side and playing McKinnie, possibly pushing Osemele inside to Harewood's spot, but didn't think they would put Williams in for Harewood. Not real sure I agree with it either - the OL has certainly struggled across the board, but when you make the decision to go with youth, I don't know that you then change your mind five games into the season and go back to an aging veteran who, lets not forget, looked pretty bad in the preseason.
    That's exactly the move I assumed, thus confusing the thread. This move is minor IMO
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think Bobbie held up well for his first start this year, although he was responsible for the Ware sack that came on a stunt inside where he tripped.

I actually didn't think Harewood was the problem, I wish coach would switch McKinnie back to LT and move Oher back to RT where he is Pro Bowl Caliber...the OL last year was excellent for the most part...first game of the year McKinnie just MAN HANDLED James Harrison...what a sweet sight that was

I dont think the OL changes are finished either, theres a clause in McKinnie's contract that says something like if he plays more than 50% of the offensive snaps he gains extra money on his contract, my theory is the Ravens are waiting for that to pass and then maybe McKinnie will be placed back at LT and Oher back at RT....which in that case I'd move KO to LG....or if not that then I'd put Harewood back in there unless Bobbie Williams just dominates at LG

Quote Originally Posted by scrock View Post
    I dont think the OL changes are finished either, theres a clause in McKinnie's contract that says something like if he plays more than 50% of the offensive snaps he gains extra money on his contract, my theory is the Ravens are waiting for that to pass and then maybe McKinnie will be placed back at LT and Oher back at RT...
    I don't buy that at all. The Ravens are in the business of winning now... not saving a few hundred thousand dollars just to spite someone.

does anyone else want to see Harewood back in there? Bobbie Williams has to be the worst pass blocking guard in the NFL