Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I agree that Rice should see his share of touches, but I don't think he should have a large amount of carries. Rice just isn't consistent like that with his carries. He could break one for a big gain. However, the next two drives could lead to two second and longs. If they are going to pound the rock, Rice should be involved, but Pierce should get a good share of the carries. Rice will probably get his in the passing game, to help slow down Dallas' blitzes.
    That's a typical comment from someone who doesn't really rate Rice (even though he's got the best chance of making the HOF out of the current crop of backs).

I can come up with a ton of games where Rice has single handily torn other teams apart with a number of carries (are you forgetting the Browns last year?). To say he is a streaky runner with random bursts of yardage is so far off.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yet, it's still a great draft for Ozzie with Pitta, Dickson and Harewood,
    all contributing at high levels.
    Dickson had the drops last year, and hasn't done much this year. And Harewood just got benched. I'm not seeing a great draft there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Dickson had the drops last year, and hasn't done much this year. And Harewood just got benched. I'm not seeing a great draft there.
    Perhaps not "great", but solid. Consider that Ozzie has to pick late in the draft. In this one he traded the Ravens 1st round pick. Kindle (let's call him a "bust"), Cody (a rotational NT), Dickson/Pitta (two TEs filling the Heap gap), A. Jones (a depth DT), and Harewood (recently a starting LG). Not bad considering that 5 out of 7 have made some sort of impact... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    True, maybe not great but good. Hey, I'm the one usually calling Ozzie out but I give credit when it's due. Oz is the greatest but I'm sure you remember Dickson catching that big TD
    vs Piss with TP trailing him. That was the year we cut Heap and Mason and went with youth
    and speed and it paid off.

I'm also sure you remember Pitta catching that TD vs 49ers that won that game and all
    those catches he made on crossing patterns over the middle when all that speed down the side lines opened the middle up in the big comeback win vs Cards. Pitta has
    made some huge plays and won some games so maybe that alone makes it a great draft.

And speaking of TEs, one of the reasons Oz didn't want Gronk was because he missed so
    much time in college. NE took a chance on him and he did great until he played us and went back into his injury mode when Pollard ruined him for the SB. ha ha ha ha ha

Dickson still has a lot of upside and like two of us just said, a lot of guys are contributing at high levels. Despite those drops, Dickson still had over 500 yds and 5 TDs last year while
    splitting time with Pitta so he too contributed.

http://www.nfl.com/player/eddickson/497224/profile
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Pollard, he just might have been one of Ozzie's greatest signings.

Check out this one man wrecking crew tape and his hit on Gronk as mentioned above.

OUCH!!!

Tape is appropriately entitled: POLLARD, THE NE PATRIOT KILLER

:happyanim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumR6US2m58
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Perhaps not "great", but solid. Consider that Ozzie has to pick late in the draft. In this one he traded the Ravens 1st round pick. Kindle (let's call him a "bust"), Cody (a rotational NT), Dickson/Pitta (two TEs filling the Heap gap), A. Jones (a depth DT), and Harewood (recently a starting LG). Not bad considering that 5 out of 7 have made some sort of impact... Bc
    i think you have to throw Anquan Boldin into that equation as well, when considering that draft. it was a solid offseason, no doubt! it kinda worked out so that we got boldin and a 2nd round pick for our 1st rounder. ozzie definatley worked some magic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of Pollard, he just might have been one of Ozzie's greatest signings.

Check out this one man wrecking crew tape and his hit on Gronk as mentioned above.

OUCH!!!

Tape is appropriately entitled: POLLARD, THE NE PATRIOT KILLER

:happyanim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumR6US2m58
    +1

if anybody ever improved so greatly with a change of scenery, pollard is the guy! he's a perfect fit for the ravens and has quickly become one of the leaders and better players on the defense. im glad ozzie extended him in the offseason. just imagine if we had a SS of his caliber next to reed for the last 10 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    If we lose to this dysfunctional team then it will be embarrassing. How many playoff games have they won in the last 16 years? One? Jerry jones has taken that franchise to hell after he fired Jimmy johnson. They are the laughing stock of football. We can't lose to them.
    The thing is, some games they look great and others.....
    Coming off a bye could help them too, I expect a tough game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yea, Jerry hasn't done well in the cap era and neither have the Skins or Niners where they dominated the league out-spending the rest of the owners before that. Conversely, Yanks still own baseball which
    has no cap ceiling.

Jones is his own worse enemy making all the decisions like
    DEZ and always or often going for the glitzy players instead of
    the solid ones like Ozzie who has been excellent in the cap era.