Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!

The defense scares me, Romo with time is very dangerous. Our offense can't go into sleep mode like it did against KC.

The Ravens of the last couple seasons have seemed to play down to lessor opponents and stepped up to the bigger boys. I think they step up, at home, against "America's Team".

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    The Ravens of the last couple seasons have seemed to play down to lessor opponents and stepped up to the bigger boys. I think they step up, at home, against "America's Team".
    I agree. The Ravens do tend to play to the level of their opponent. The game this week will be a good barometer for where the Ravens are at this point. The Cowboys have a balanced attack on offense (something the Chiefs did not have), and they have one of the premier pass rusher in the league in DeMarcus Ware. This game should be a good test for the Ravens defense and offensive line. If the Ravens win this game and follow it up with a win against the Texans, they will have shown themselves to be a serious Super Bowl contender.

I think the Cowboys move Ware around, but if I am not mistaken he should be going against Oher most of the time. If Oher handles Ware effectively (FilmStudy grade of B- or better), I will stop saying that McKinnie should be playing LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The defense scares me, Romo with time is very dangerous. Our offense can't go into sleep mode like it did against KC.
    This.

Romo can be good when allowed to be, terrible when he's not. Pees, like Mattison has shown he can play-call into any QB's strength. Romo is known to make poor decisions under pressure, and IMHO, don't need JJ or Suggs to make him look like the Romo we all want to see. The key word is "make" him. I don't know that many of the D plays I've seen from Pees has "made" an opposing QB do anything. The loss of creative, aggressive, and well-disguised schemes has hurt more than the loss of Suggs and JJ. We'll never know, but I would have loved to have seen Pagano with this same group of D players against Vick this year; gut tells me Ravens walk away with a W.

Blog Entries

I don't think they're balanced on offense at all. They're 4th in the league in passing and 29th in the league in rushing. Murray is only averaging about 60 yds per game. While they may get a lot of stats / yardage across the middle, as long as they're not scoring points it won't matter.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The OL for both of these teams will be heavily scrutinized. Dallas OL has been just as inconsistent as our OL. Ware is a huge threat. I expect Cam to max protect on Ware's side by keeping either Dickson or Pitta in to block or at the very least chip block. Our receivers better be prepared for press coverage because that's exactly what's coming.

Only way to neutralize both of these elements is to run right at them.

Their punter missed practice today with a groin injury,
    questionable this week

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    questionable this week
    Put this W in the books then

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post

Every little bit helps.
    They have 2 punters on the roster and both are nursing injuries now.

questionable this week
    Field position is critical. The Ravens had a hard time crossing the 50 against the Chiefs; if a back-up punter for the Cowboys means that we start our drives with better field position, we should be able to put more pressure on their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post

lol

questionable this week
    Where are you going with this? The absence of their punter won't even garner a blip on the radar screen and frankly not even worth mentioning.