Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!

The Cowboys can put up some points when they bring their A game.

Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, Jason Witten, DeMarco Murray, and even Tony Romo can all get hot and score some points.

Considering that Dallas' overall defense is much improved, this could be a tough game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It'll be a tough game, but I'm fully confident in Romo's abilities to blow it :)

Pick 6 to seal the game late in the 4th would be about par for the course.

Something I hadn't realized until I read this article is that the KC game was the first time we faced a 3-4 defense this season. And the next two will be against the Cowboys and Texans. Let's hope the OL makes adjustments in their pass protection schemes.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...8267503f4.html

If we don't figure out ways to get to Romo he will put up points. Our secondary can't handle all of their receiving threats. From what I have seen from Dean Pees consider me worried. We will be rushing three all game while Romo surpasses 400 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    If we don't figure out ways to get to Romo he will put up points. Our secondary can't handle all of their receiving threats. From what I have seen from Dean Pees consider me worried. We will be rushing three all game while Romo surpasses 400 yards.
    Carey is the weak link. Let's hope he uses better technique. He needs to a better job of anticipating when and where the ball is. You know Romo is going to target him.

This game will not be a walk in the park by any stretch. In fact, it's a brutal matchup for the Ravens on paper.

The Cowboys will exploit the middle of the field with Jason Witten matched up on our pathetic LB corps and Miles Austin lining up in the slot. On the outside, Dez Bryant plays on the left side, Cary Williams' side, and consequently is a lock to go for 100 yards and a TD or so.

The Cowboys' OL is banged up, but we have already shown an inability to exploit a patchwork OL vs. Philadelphia. Some will say that was only because we faced a mobile QB in Vick, but Tony Romo has the best passer rating in the NFL outside of the pocket over the last few years. I expect to see soft zones and 3/4 man rushes that fail to get home on most downs. Romo will carve this defense up, but hopefully make a critical mistake or two.

On the defensive side, the Cowboys play press-man with the best of them. Claiborne and Carr can take away the outside, and Sean Lee is one of the best coverage ILBs in the league. Our only hope is to exploit their pathetic safety play in the deep middle of the field, but that means Flacco will need time and time is something he will not have vs. one of the highest pressure front 7's in football.

All in all, on paper this looks like a loss. Luckily, games are not played on paper and the Ravens are virtually unbeatable at home. I expect a close game that the Ravens ultimately find a way to win, but it's much closer than some make it out to be. 31-30 Ravens with a last-second long field goal being the difference.

I don't think their offensive line has played that great this year.
    If it's the new coach or the players i don't know.

Certainly, the Cowboys have the ability to beat the Ravens. Will they? No.

I'm expecting a bit of a 'comeback' performance after two meh ones. Good helpings of Rice with a quick strike attack to mitigate the Cowboys pass rush is the best way to go. 27-17 to the Ravens, something like that.

The only factors that give pause for thought is that Dallas is coming from a bye and has extra time on us, plus the fact that if the O decides to do too much long developing plays, it runs the danger of allowing Ware to have a field day.

Still, it's at M&T against a respectable opponent. That usually breeds success.

Blog Entries

We beat them down there the last time with 2 historic runs. Romo couldn't hit wide open guys the entire game but as he said afterwards, our great pass rush had something to do with that.

We don't have that this year but I have this down for another home win. Romo never scared me.

DEZ has 0 TDs and 269 yds receiving thus far.

Id take Torrey any day with 6 catches for 167 yds and 2 TDs
    vs NE while mourning for his brother.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This game will not be a walk in the park by any stretch. In fact, it's a brutal matchup for the Ravens on paper.

The Cowboys will exploit the middle of the field with Jason Witten matched up on our pathetic LB corps and Miles Austin lining up in the slot. On the outside, Dez Bryant plays on the left side, Cary Williams' side, and consequently is a lock to go for 100 yards and a TD or so.

The Cowboys' OL is banged up, but we have already shown an inability to exploit a patchwork OL vs. Philadelphia. Some will say that was only because we faced a mobile QB in Vick, but Tony Romo has the best passer rating in the NFL outside of the pocket over the last few years. I expect to see soft zones and 3/4 man rushes that fail to get home on most downs. Romo will carve this defense up, but hopefully make a critical mistake or two.

On the defensive side, the Cowboys play press-man with the best of them. Claiborne and Carr can take away the outside, and Sean Lee is one of the best coverage ILBs in the league. Our only hope is to exploit their pathetic safety play in the deep middle of the field, but that means Flacco will need time and time is something he will not have vs. one of the highest pressure front 7's in football.

All in all, on paper this looks like a loss. Luckily, games are not played on paper and the Ravens are virtually unbeatable at home. I expect a close game that the Ravens ultimately find a way to win, but it's much closer than some make it out to be. 31-30 Ravens with a last-second long field goal being the difference.
    Good analysis. I hope the Ravens come out strong early and get the crowd into it because if they fall behind it could get a little dicey. Glad it's in Charm City

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The thing that concerns me most about this game is that everybody seems to think the key to victory will be romo making the big mistakes. Sorry but this is the nfl and you cant count on the other team handing you anything. With no pass rush its just as likely that romo lights us up. Im glad this one is at home but it wont be a walk in the park.

any team that plays man press coverage against us shuts us down.