If/when Sizzle is back and at peak form, who sits?

When Suggs is back, would Upshaw or Kruger take over the Jarret Johnson spot? I know this probably won't happen until December or so. At first, I figured they'd stick Upshaw on the other side and Kruger would come in on passing downs, but in the last two games Kruger has set the edge quite well. Upshaw has been playing well too, though. Another question, if Suggs is back at peak form, who do you guys think would give us more pass rush opposite him: Kruger or Upshaw?

P.S. Where the Hell happened to Kindle? I know his hearing is messed up, but damn how is he not playing when we have almost no pass rush right now with the exception of Inside Linebacker Blitzes, Slot corner/Safety blitzes and Haloti Ngata????

Re: If/when Sizzle is back and at peak form, who sits?

I think Suggs will be situational at first. So he, Kruger, and Upshaw will all share time. As he gets healthy and into football shape, he'll go back to playing every down (probably by late Nov or Dec, and I think you'll see Upshaw and Kruger split. The most likely is probaby Upshaw on run downs and Kruger on passing downs, however, Kruger was the best defender on the field yesterday, so hopefully Pees can find a way to get all three on the field.

Oh, and as for your P.S., the fact that Kindle can't even get on the field should tell you all you need to know. His future NFL prospects are not good.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Yeah on Kindle, I think he might be done.

Not sure how they'll play it...unfortunately Kindle's days seem to be numbered, it's a shame he fell down those stairs because who knows how good he could have been

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind trying Upshaw out at Jack ILB (were Bart Scott played for us).

Why Kruger will probably be cut or even IR'd (I actually think the team feels sorry for him and realize that these maybe the last NFL paychecks he sees......not saying they are into charity but the must like him if they've kept him around this long so I don't see them necessarily jettisoning him just yet).

Maybe they keep Kindle on the roster as an inactive and let Anthony Allen go. He's basically a ST player but I am not sure how he has performed.

Anthony Allen isn't going anywhere because he is a ST player, not in spite of it.

Kindle is done. If he can't see the field on a team that needs a more effective pass rush, then he certainly won't see it when Suggs comes back.

Blog Entries

Kindle will likely be the guy released or IR'ed.

On the field...I think it'll probably be Suggs and Kruger, but Upshaw and McClellan will see their fair share of snaps as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yea Suggs is definitely missed but the defense needs to groom someone else to play his position. It will be great if he comes back fully fit to play and can play. Meanwhile, the team is 4=1 and can do better if everyone plays their best ball. Next man up is what they say, I'm getting tired of the people who think Suggs will cure the defenses problems, he is only one player and it takes the whole defense to win. Can't depend on Suggs, Lewis ,and Reed all the time. This defense will improve without Suggs if it has to, time will show it.
    Kindle probably will lose his spot on the starting team if/when Suggs can play again. Hope he can, but Ravens are playing dallas sunday and will win if all play 100%.

Blog Entries

I think Kruger goes back to situational rushing. Upshaw has made more of an impact, in my opinion, than Kruger has. Kruger did play well against KC, but I like the idea of bringing Kruger in as that third down rusher replacing Upshaw, kind of like they did with Johnson last year.