Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ray Lewis article from Jamison Hensley

Individual intros are back!

The dance may be back too.

While I can't understand why the crowd needs to be pumped up be ready for the game ~ I've always found just being there to see the game exciting enough ~ I'll accept that it seems to be the case in Baltimore.
    If each player gets the same opportunity for self promotion than I suppose the individual intros are fine but to single out one player, regardless of how good he is, I feel flies in the face of the "team" aspects of football. I guess the Ravens will have to push back kickoffs to allow for all the dances, huh? :D

I like it when there is a full house for the introductions because it shows support for the team, but I don't need it to get pumped for a game, and if a player needs it to get pumped, well I don't consider that player a true competitor.

Isn't the fact that it is a game, 1 of 16, where every one counts, enough to get people fired up?

It's always been enough for me. :179422:

getting the TEAM back to where it needs to be rather than individual accomplishments
    Ray was talking about his injury and recovery at that point in the interview so I don't think he was being selfish at all , just explaining that he is healthy and plans on playing past his contract and that his passion is still there.

Myself, I don't care if my players speak "politically correct" or not. He has been guilty of that. Just play football.
    Think of it this way. If Ray has MVP years then the Ravens are going to benefit from it.

Ray's dance gets the crowd pumped up, period.

Say what you want but there is a different feeling in the crowd if the offense or special teams is introduced.

The FANS want this back. Why do you think they are considering bringing individual intros back? Because of the lame shit they pulled last Friday night.

PP

You guys mean to tell me your aren't jumping out of your chairs after "Script Ravens" ?!?!?!

In all seriousness, I am still a bit sour over Ray's actions last year. To me a true leader stays in the fight even when things aren't going as planned. He bailed on everyone when the season started to go down the tubes last year which to me was a slap in the face to his head coach that put his neck on the line when he was getting blasted by the media years ago. A sign of good man is how they return favors and with all that criticism Billick received last year all we got from Ray was "no comment."

I'm sorry, but a "general" wouldn't high tail it out when they weren't happy about things.
    That to me is what stuck out. I can understand not being happy. And I can understand frustration at a losing season. But to skip town really bothered me.

You guys mean to tell me your aren't jumping out of your chairs after "Script Ravens" ?!?!?!
    Hey, after heading "God Bless the USA", I'm ready to get it on! That moment does more for me than the intros and the band put together. I always mist up when that segment comes up.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Looks like Ray and the team are all getting back on the same page.I love Ray and can understand what he went through.I can understand how fans can still be sour with how he acted.I don't remember Zach Thomas going down that path?

All I want is team unity.And the best purple and black product they can put on the field.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

10. Re: Ray Lewis article from Jamison Hensley

Being down here in Florida, it is hard to get much info about the Ravens (except for the Sun which I read on line) but last year I was really upset with Ray over his attitude, etc. But when I saw his recent comments to the press and read the article today, I have a different attitude towards him. It has been my experience that when a man can admit his errors and be up front about making a mistake, then that is a real man. I have run into so many phonies over the years who constantly screw up but are never man enough to admit it. Ray has admitted he was wrong and that he really is a human, just like the rest of us. With his new attitude (because let's face it, Ray Lewis is the leader of the Ravens) and the additions Ozzie has put on our team, we are going places this year and I will be back in Pasadena to enjoy every minute of it. You guys who are still up there in Baltimore, please remember what we have in the Ravens and stay positive. I watched the Colts leave and that was horrible. Living down here and not being able to see the Ravens very much or hear of them every day is also horrible. Be grateful for what we have. Oh, and by the way, even generals make mistakes...the ones who don't recognize those mistakes and correct them are the ones usually on the losing side. Woo hooo can't wait to get back home!!!!:D :D :D :D