Article: Camp Battles

http://profootball24x7.com/column_vi...8906dc70e5d74a

Interesting comment by Rolle. He says that Demetrius Williams reminds him of Chad Johnson. Wow! High praise.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Article: Camp Battles

give a lot of credit to Tony. He’s not a great player but he’s a good player and he plays hard.
    Nothing like a backhanded compliment. lol

Good read. I think DW would have to play his way out of the 3rd WR spot. Devard Darling hasnt shown me jack for the past 3 years. If it were up to me I would cut him.

Thats another thing I like about this place, free articles.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Hey, nice read...are there any videos on DW at all? I went to his website and there wasn't anything of any real interest!

I had hoped for big things from DVD but alas he sounds like he could be bust :-(

We should be pretty damn good with Heap, Clayton and DMase - it really is gonna come down to our OL, isn't it?

Do you guys think that our season rests on the shoulders of the OL?

Stinger made some great great videos in this thread: EDIT: Williams preseason highlights are the left most.
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...hread.php?t=54

Williams has me very excited initially, especially how Rolle complimented him. Once Mason leave/retires I feel very confident that we have two solid WRs. Funny how this is the best thing we've had since...the Michael Jackson days. Even last year was a big step, but Williams looks rediculous.

How did he EVER end up in the 4th round...reaction to overvaluation of recievers in previous years is all I can gather. The amount of busts scared people...or the glut of high rounded talent waiting to develop.

Very interested to see if Landry can hold on.

That was a good article. Although I am not in agreement with Prude, I just think the guy is slow to react and doesn't have the cover skills needed.

There is also the "battle royale" for the punter's job. It's going to be very interesting to see how both these guys bounce back tonight from a bad showing last week.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

camden,

I thought I read somewhere that the job is basically Koch's and that Araguz is here so that Koch doesnt kick his leg out.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

The thought of Terry and Pashos bookending our lines in the future has me really scared.

I still think Terry will be ok. Linemen take a couple of years to develop. Terry's in what his 2nd year? Just takes time and energy.

also, Terry came in as more of a finesse pass-protection type tackle than the typical fixture of the Ravens line today...which I saw as a good thing initially, but only time will tell.

It is his second year, so there is time, remember the idea was to replace JO. All the better than pashos is busting his tail to stay on the starting until, even if he is only of slightly above average ability. It'll make Terry really have to work for the job. If he's a bust, well, we did have two mediocre at best drafts in a row (suggs is obviously fantastic, but that year and the next? not a whole lot of value).

Thanks for the link....excellent stuff!!!

After listening to Marshall Faulk on NFL Network, it seems that having rookies starting on the OL is not a desirable thing. Faulk mentioned that the Jets RB situation was not good, and then commented that it won't help that the Jets are starting two rookies on the OL.

Didn't Levi Jones look horrible in his first season?

I think three years is the time frame for an OL. Great OL prospects may only need one season. JO started at guard and needed one season before he became an impact LT.

I like our core of young OL of Jason Brown, Terry, and Pashos. (I am no longer concerned with losing Pashos. He'll be back). With that said, we should draft more OL next year and pick up some via FA.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!