Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do the Ravens insist on throwing the ball 40 yards down field on 3rd and 4 or 5 situations

And no this is not intentionally a bash cam Cameron thread.

But I just got through watching Tom Brady march the Patriots down field (TWICE) for touchdowns in the fast no huddle by throwing dinks and dunks out of the shotgun and by running (virtually exclusively) from under center. If Brady's in the shotgun he's throwing - if he's under center the Patriots are running.

Why don't the Ravens JUST PLAY THE SAME WAY.

I'm tired of trying to convert third downs with 40 yard passes.

Re: Why do the Ravens insist on throwing the ball 40 yards down field on 3rd and 4 or 5 situations

I understand the frustation with that. It frustrates me as well. I think whenever Joe's sees an one on one matchup on the outside he's going deep. I get what he's trying to do but when it's 3rd and 4 or 3, just pick up the first down.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Why do the Ravens insist on throwing the ball 40 yards down field on 3rd and 4 or 5 situations

P.S. They won

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    And no this is not intentionally a bash cam Cameron thread.

But I just got through watching Tom Brady march the Patriots down field (TWICE) for touchdowns in the fast no huddle by throwing dinks and dunks out of the shotgun and by running (virtually exclusively) from under center. If Brady's in the shotgun he's throwing - if he's under center the Patriots are running.

Why don't the Ravens JUST PLAY THE SAME WAY.

I'm tired of trying to convert third downs with 40 yard passes.
    Because Harbaugh is a great coach. And shouldn't be questioned. Ever.

P.S. I still want Cam Cameron gone! Have you been able to figure that out yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    P.S. They won

Blog Entries

P.S. I still want Cam Cameron gone! Have you been able to figure that out yet!
    Yeah I know, you watch each game hoping and praying that they lose. Great life

You take the shit far too seriously. I suggest you either get a life or another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah I know, you watch each game hoping and praying that they lose. Great life

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Because Harbaugh is a great coach. And shouldn't be questioned. Ever.
    So now Harbs called that play?

It gets confusing who to blame for things on this team anymore.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Look I am not happy with all the decision in play calling. But if it's 3rd and 4, in theory your best shot IS a shot down the field. The defense gets paid to. They know where you have to get for a first down and anything near that marker is going to be hotly contested. On that one, I don't blame the play call. I blame the execution. Somebody eventually did break free but by the time they did the OL had caved and Joe had already committed to throwing it away.

This has always been my #1 criticism of Cam.. It is just plain f---in stupid to have 3 guys run deep routes on 3rd and short. We gotta move the sticks. I don't understand the logic. I know we won, but you gotta strive for better than 3 for 11 on 3rd down. Shit a Flacco scramble on 3rd down may be the best option if all the WRs/TEs go deep.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So now Harbs called that play?

It gets confusing who to blame for things on this team anymore.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    No. But he's the Head Coach. The buck stops with him (no pun intended).

Blog Entries

You take the shit far too seriously. I suggest you either get a life or another hobby.
    for a guy who hopes they lose every game because of his infatuation with an assistant coach, that's kinda funny. maybe consider therapy? a win is a win despite your obsession