Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank the Refs

Re: Thank the Refs

I can see why Chiefs fans might feel they were ripped off. I don't usually see forward progress called on a QB sack.

Either way, the Chiefs had the ball in the endzone twice and neither one counted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    A chiefs fan claimed that the falcons ran picks against them and got away with it all game. He then said "yeah and i bet the ravens never ran any picks"... Cheap shot but i just had to say "the ravens aren't creative enough to run picks".
    That was week 1 with replacement refs. I watched that game and the announcers were calling the Falcons out the whole game and wondered when it was going to get called. Once the real refs returned the Chiefs should have been smart enough not to call those plays

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I can see why Chiefs fans might feel they were ripped off. I don't usually see forward progress called on a QB sack.

Either way, the Chiefs had the ball in the endzone twice and neither one counted.
    It is no different than when a RB has the ball, 5 guys have him tied up still standing going nowhere.

Same thing happened on that play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    That the rules regarding "in the grasp" and "forward progress" are clear and well defined and while unfortunate for the defense, correctly called.

This isn't a controversial decision by the refs. Even the fans at the game didn't bother booing it.
    I understand the rules about after the whistle blows but my point was whether the whistle should have blown at all. I just thought the whistle was blown too quickly IMO and were lucky it went our way.

And no, I'll never root against a Ravens victory but I'll Bitch about Cam getting his head stuck in the sand a few games a year.

Come on - can't you guys figure out what's tongue-in-cheek and whats not. Maybe the earlier part of the post stating that I thought I saw Cam inside the scrum trying to yank the ball out of Joe's hand could give you a little clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    You're obsessed

I could start a thread about the Orioles and you'd still manage to find a way to get Cam into the thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    It is no different than when a RB has the ball, 5 guys have him tied up still standing going nowhere.

Same thing happened on that play.
    And I'm sure I've seen those things blown dead quickly before, the league protects QBs, we all know this.

OK, OP:

Thank you, refs, for actually knowing the rules and calling two blatant OPI penalties.

How's that?

I know the Saints are thanking them this morning.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I know the Saints are thanking them this morning.
    those completions to malcolm floyd cost me fantasy win

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I understand the rules about after the whistle blows but my point was whether the whistle should have blown at all. I just thought the whistle was blown too quickly IMO and were lucky it went our way.

And no, I'll never root against a Ravens victory but I'll Bitch about Cam getting his head stuck in the sand a few games a year.
    When it's a quarterback the refs are always quick to blow the whistle. I don't like it either but at least they're consistent when it comes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    And I'm sure I've seen those things blown dead quickly before, the league protects QBs, we all know this.
    Exactly.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That was week 1 with replacement refs. I watched that game and the announcers were calling the Falcons out the whole game and wondered when it was going to get called. Once the real refs returned the Chiefs should have been smart enough not to call those plays
    Yep, it is the equivalent of Frank Walker getting a reputation for holding. It is going to be watched for and called.

The refs were now sensitized to a WR bumping a different DB on a cross. The refs didn't have to process the info to consider PI, they were pre-warned that the Chiefs did it and were going to throw the flag as soon as they saw it (without much thought).

Offense controls the plays, the routes WR run, and when 2 WR cross that close to the LOS, 99% of the time it isn't accidental.

Instead of thanking the refs, we probably can thank the Falcons, they probably sent film in complaining and the refs had a refresher course just before they came out on the field.

As a side note Brian Daboll their OC did get experience with the Bellicheats from 2000-2006
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old