Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Well it was ugly, but we got it done, 4-1

I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any time, ever.

Last year we lost these games, so getting the win was a step in the right direction. Now we focus on Dallas and hope Romo stays true to form and plays catch with Ed Reed.

iggyman555 Guest

[QUOTE=pslholder96;499566]
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what facts do you want? have you been watching this team on the road the last 2 years against weaker teams...they are not motivated to play, play like shit, and lose.
    thats all on the coaches pal.

edit: i agree its tough to win on the road but we look like crap against weak teams, please say you disagree[/QYOTE]

Yes the ravens have some issues on the road but then again many teams do. What is the ravens road record overall the last 4 years, 2 years? I do know that last year we were 4-4 on the road. Your post is an emotional response to today's game and the two games against the jags and seattle from last year. Championships still find ways to win on the road regardless of how bad they play or how bad their competition is.
    my post was about the coaching staff not being able to get the team motivated to play weaker teams, its clearly a problem we have seen if you think its not a problem then im not sure what games you are watching

The team certainly has problems, every team does. Some teams that look really solid right now will look bad at the end of the regular season. The defense certainly made the propper adjustments at half time yesterday. As the season wears on, I'm hoping those needed adjustments are as big as they seemed to be yesterday. If the receivers hold on to a few more balls, in the first half, I think the Ravens win that game going away. Flacco is a rhythm guy and those drops hurt bad. I think the things hurting the team on both sides of the ball are fixable, it just depends on if these coaches will get it done as we get closer to playoff time. The Ravens Superbowl team had serious issues at this point of the season and so did the Giants last year, they backed in to the playoff's and look what happened. It definitely is a work in progress.

[QUOTE=iggyman555;499570]
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    my post was about the coaching staff not being able to get the team motivated to play weaker teams, its clearly a problem we have seen if you think its not a problem then im not sure what games you are watching
    Your issues are more cosmetics. You want the ravens to look pretty in their wins. You are trying to assess motivation and effort through an eye test. Our issues against weaker teams on the road are a lack of execution. That's what determines wins and losses on the road.

iggyman555 Guest

[QUOTE=pslholder96;499938]

Your issues are more cosmetics. You want the ravens to look pretty in their wins. You are trying to assess motivation and effort through an eye test. Our issues against weaker teams on the road are a lack of execution. That's what determines wins and losses on the road.
    really, allowing 8 yard per rush in the first half is cosmetic?

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=iggyman555;499945]

How much did they allow the 2nd half?

35 yards on 16 carries in the second half, which works out at a drop of 3.2 yards per carry

[QUOTE=iggyman555;499945]

You really are missing the point. But that's cool. I'm done but thanks for playing.

iggyman555 Guest

[QUOTE=Paintballguy;499947]

How much did they allow the 2nd half?

35 yards on 16 carries in the second half, which works out at a drop of 3.2 yards per carry
    so after 10 days of preparing for the chiefs the first half rush D was cosmetic???hmmm ok

iggyman555 Guest

[QUOTE=pslholder96;499952]

You really are missing the point. But that's cool. I'm done but thanks for playing.
    its ok you know my point is valid...youll see the next game vs weak team what happens

Blog Entries
    As long as it is a win who the hell really cares?

If you want style points then take your butt down to game stop and buy madden.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

please show me where i said style points, my point is that the team is not prepared/does not get motivated for these games and thats all on the headcoach. EOM

Blog Entries
    Obviously they prepared enough to win.

Are you really complaining that the team didnt blow out the chiefs because they are a lesser team? If so, then yes, you are absolutely looking for a win with style.

All you're doing is making more folks laugh, so I guess keep it up?

A win is a win. The team has already moved on to the Cowboys. I'd suggest you do the same rather than whining that the ravens didnt win "enough" for your liking (because secretly...they care...)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 10-08-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.