Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation UNOFFICIAL Ravens-Cowboys Prediction Thread

Cannot find it again on this forum.

The Ravens' next two games are against opponents they have never lost to (Dallas, Houston). It is very important that they maintain their home winning streak (huge factor in playoffs seeding). For whatever reason, the team did not 'show up' last Sunday in Kansas City. That may have been the first NFL game I have ever witnessed where it certainly appeared that BOTH teams were trying very hard to lose.

Ravens face another Cowboys team that is both dangerous and unpredictable (i.e., has more talent on paper than what it shows on the field). Dallas at 2-2 is only 1/2 game out of first and already has a road win against the Giants. They have had two weeks to prepare for the Ravens with their high-profile owner 'breathing down their necks'. So I do expect a contest for which the Ravens better be prepared.

DAL 17
    BAL 24

(derived from averaging points scored and points allowed between the two teams)

NOTE TO HARBAUGH (since you're the HEAD coach):

It seems that every offensive play that starts in the 'shotgun' has a predictable outcome: Every receiver past the first-down marker is covered AND Joe is almost 'blind' to the impending pass rush. So, I no longer can expect a third-down conversion AND ball security becomes a major concern.

It makes far more sense (to me at least) to stay with PLAY-ACTION to keep the opposing defense 'honest' except on obvious passing downs (i.e. third-and-long). In that way, you maintain a BALANCED attack utilizing all of your offensive resources. You maintain ball control while cutting down considerably on third-and-long circumstances (which always 'kill' drives).

CC
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 10-14-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typo;grammer

Re: UNOFFICIAL Ravens-Cowboys Prediction Thread

I believe the Ravens will cover the 3 point spread against Dallas.

Blog Entries

This is the type of game I really don't like. The Cowboys are a team who can play like the best team in the league on their day, they have so much talent everywhere, and they are coming off a bye. I originaly picked the Ravens to win this one, but now I'm changing it to a Cowboys 27-23 win, they would end the unbeaten at home record, and sadly make us 4-2 and we would miss out on a perfect opportunity to separate our selves from the rest of the AFCN.

The Ravens are much more talented all around than the Cowboys. This game should be fairly one-sided to the Ravens favor, in the vicinity of 27-10 or 31-13. Dallas got drummed against Seattle and Chicago, and barely beat a weak Tampa team.

But that's why the play the games on the field, as anything can happen. It all depends on which Ravens team shows up this week.

Just a dumb hunch, but despite having to deal with Reed, Webb, Pollard et al, I think we'll actually see Good Romo today. Even so, I also think it'll be something of a defensive struggle (at least what passes for one in this era).

As usual, it'll come down to the final minutes, but the Ravens eke it out 19-16.

Blog Entries

This game does concern me, as I've said before. I still believe we come away with a W, 27-24.

34 to 20. We keep the home streak alive and Joe and Torrey have another off the wall performance.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Ravens win a close defensive game. 17-10
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Baltimore wins 27-17, stretching the win-loss ratio against Texas to 10-0. Think we'll see a decent performance today, much better than the last two. Both Rays have a good day.

Dallas are capable of the big road game - already done it to the Giants this year, the Niners last year and the Eagles and Colts the years before. So, I can understand the concern.

Still, the Ravens are a better team and in a stadium that they've not lost in since 2010. Haven't lost to a NFC team at home since 2006. In fact, since 2003, the Ravens have been 17-1 at home vs NFC. You have to go back to 1998 before you see a team outside of the NFC South to win here from that conference.

All records are made to be broken, but don't think it's today. I like the odds. 5-1 here we go, baby!

Blog Entries

This game worries me. I'm not going to pick a Cowboy win just because I'm superstitious that way but it wouldn't surprise me. Then the board melts down about firing this guy or that guy

I think it'll be fairly high scoring 30-27

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The defense really worries me in this game, we can't stop the run, we just can't do it and we can't pass rush. I won't make a prediction, just on the fence with this one.

Romo will inevitably make a critical mistake or two in this game and the Ravens will be waiting. Ravens 27-17 and Ed Reed has a pick 6 today.