Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 78798081 LastLast

Re: Game Thread: Ravens @ Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And yet we're 4-1. Sounds like you can never count on stopping our whole team. We can win shoot outs. We can win field goal duels.

Shut down our passing game? Ray goes for 100+ yards. Shut down Ray? Joe throws for 350. Stop our O from scoring? Tucker is money and the D has still only allowed 2 passing TDs all year.

Sounds like a great team to me.
    Ya, I gotta say I see some holes in this team, but the strengths are OBVIOUSLY covering them up as we are 2 terrible calls inthe same game away from undefeated. This is despite "OUR BEST" only coming in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    While I agree with the idea that great teams do that, if you think the Ravens are a great team right now you're smoking some good shit. There's time to become a great team by the end of the year but so far we've only had 1 game in 5 where the whole team showed up and played well in all three phases of the game.
    :word Yup, I couldn't agree more! Playing this poorly, the Ravens have been lucky to eek out these wins. Glad to see the Bengals lose today....gives us some breathing room. I think we're going to need it.

And yet we're 4-1. Sounds like you can never count on stopping our whole team. We can win shoot outs. We can win field goal duels.

Shut down our passing game? Ray goes for 100+ yards. Shut down Ray? Joe throws for 350. Stop our O from scoring? Tucker is money and the D has still only allowed 2 passing TDs all year.

Preach!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    First loss for KC at home in October since 2009. Just to throw that in.
    In regular season...

Would you say we were great had we lost? Everyone would be on a major bitching fest right now about how this team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Would you say we were great had we lost? Everyone would be on a major bitching fest right now about how this team sucks.
    Everyone is on a major bitching feat. And it disgusts me.

Half the people doing the bitching were complaining after the Patriots win that we might be able to score but our d sucks. So now our d plays an awesome game in which it forces 4 turnovers and shuts Charles down in the entire second half so they bitch about the d's play in the first half and the offense.

Hey, wanna know what you call a team that can barely beat every team? You call them the undefeated Super Bowl Champs.

I'll take ugly wins and LOVE IT.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

But they didn't lose, they won. Playing far less than they're capable of on the road and still manage to win the game, cannot be discounted.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

But we didn't lose.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

But we didn't lose.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Shhh...you'll ruin anything they can post about.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Green Bay losing on the road to Indy. A crappy team. And that was a game they were up by a fair bit.

Mm, tastes like perspective.

Getting 9 points against a team that allows 34 PPG is not impressive, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    While I agree with the idea that great teams do that, if you think the Ravens are a great team right now you're smoking some good shit. There's time to become a great team by the end of the year but so far we've only had 1 game in 5 where the whole team showed up and played well in all three phases of the game.
    Takes the whole team to play the game, if you didn't see the whole team in those other 4 games, maybe you should get a better TV. Ravens this year are a total team that plays hard and does what needs to be done. Bend but don't break is perfect for discribing this team. I like how the team handles the ups and downs that have happened so far this year. The second half adjustment to contain their running game was key and Flacco getting a first down at a crucial point was nice to see. getting a win on the road and their only loss so farby 1 point to the eagles speaks volumes to me. This team did not lose today because they did the right thing in the fourth quarter.