Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because folks like you get on here, throw around your negative crap, only like to comment on and point out bad plays, and then when someone disagrees with you they are treating Ozzie and the coaching staff like they are infallible (which isnt true) and then some take the victim approach and cry censorship.

There is very little objectivity in 90% of what posters like that like to post. Its the same old "OL sucks...Oher sucks...Harbs sucks...We shouldnt have won...We wont win anymore games like that...blah blah blah..."

Seriously, why even be a fan?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    why come to a message board if you have to wait for Oz to give you your opinion?
    Me personally, I'm not entirely negative. And I don't think complaining about weaknesses makes me a poor fan. A weakness is an opportunity toimprove. I like to see my team play well, but am happy with an ugly loss. But my opinion is my own, and I come to a message board to discuss it. Sometimes, I even glean enough logic and information from another poster to change my opinion and see something in a different way.

The OL is average at best, Oher is average at best. It's ok to say that. It's not dogging your own team, it's pointing out it's opportunities to improve.

If you think I'm all negative, you don't read my posts when we win convincingly. You probably weren't around after the Flacco/Rice drafts or the Jimmy/Torrey draft.
    ORRRRR, you simply choose to remember me as the Gaither guy, the anti Oher guy or the anti Sergio/Cody guy. Instead, try viewing me as a subjective viewer that has his own opinion and comes to a board to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The OL is average at best, Oher is average at best. It's ok to say that. It's not dogging your own team, it's pointing out it's opportunities to improve.
    No one is arguing against that point. What we're arguing is that average is good enough this year, and that shuffling McKinnie back into the lineup is more like to degrade our line from average to sub par than it is to significantly improve it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

why come to a message board if you have to wait for Oz to give you your opinion?
    Me personally, I'm not entirely negative. And I don't think complaining about weaknesses makes me a poor fan. A weakness is an opportunity toimprove. I like to see my team play well, but am happy with an ugly loss. But my opinion is my own, and I come to a message board to discuss it. Sometimes, I even glean enough logic and information from another poster to change my opinion and see something in a different way.

There's OL is average at best, Oher is average at best. It's ok to say that. It's not dogging your own team, it's pointing out it's opportunities to improve.
    Most posters on here have their own opinion and a majority of them are able to objectively look at a play and tell you what they saw that was good and what was bad. It's not just one or the other.
    When i say things like the coaching staff knows what they're doing it is because the results speak for themselves it isnt always pretty but playoffs for 4 years straight is pretty sweet. Comments like thst are normally directed at posts who claim that Harbs has some kind of vendetta against a player and would rather jeopardize a season or a game than field the best team possible.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    No one is arguing against that point. What we're arguing is that average is good enough this year, and that shuffling McKinnie back into the lineup is more like to degrade our line from average to sub par than it is to significantly improve it.
    And that is an opinion I can't agree with. I can't see how McKinnie KO Birk Yanda and Oher wouldn't be consistantly better then what we've seen through 5 games. I'm sorry, I can't see it. Both tackles get better at passblocking and the interior gains traction as a runblocking unit with my line. I has to be better, from where I sit and what I see.

Most posters on here have their own opinion and a majority of them are able to objectively look at a play and tell you what they saw that was good and what was bad. It's not just one or the other.
    When i say things like the coaching staff knows what they're doing it is because the results speak for themselves it isnt always pretty but playoffs for 4 years straight is pretty sweet. Comments like thst are normally directed at posts who claim that Harbs has some kind of vendetta against a player and would rather jeopardize a season or a game than field the best team possible.

The whole jeopardizing the season for a vendetta thing is way over dramatic. I don't think that I've ever read or written anything on this board that resembles that.

There are people(me included) that thinks simply that Harbs doesn't play the most talented 22, but the 22 he can count on most. I can disagree with whom he plays without thinking he is intentionally tanking games. I can see why Harbs plays who he does and disagree with him without thinking he is the worst coach ever. I can still be a fan of this team and not agree with their every move. In ever case, I root for whomever is out there, even Troy Smith back in the day. I want the Ravens to win every game. I get upset when they don't or even do and look bad. I see opportunities to get better and point them out.

Well said.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

And that is an opinion I can't agree with. I can't see how McKinnie KO Birk Yanda and Oher wouldn't be consistantly better then what we've seen through 5 games. I'm sorry, I can't see it. Both tackles get better at passblocking and the interior gains traction as a runblocking unit with my line. I has to be better, from where I sit and what I see.
    I agree with you, I think as a whole it may be slightly better, but will it be such an improvement to justify re shuffling it, and then having to totally reshuffle again next year?

Why not try this and let the line grow because it appears to be the line they want long term. Oher and ko as tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I agree with you, I think as a whole it may be slightly better, but will it be such an improvement to justify re shuffling it, and then having to totally reshuffle again next year?

Why not try this and let the line grow because it appears to be the line they want long term. Oher and ko as tackles.
    and again, I see why Harbs is running with the line as is, jsut as you say. I see the reasoning, I jsut don't think it's worth it with this team at this time.
    It has a bunch to do with the fact that I CANNOT get behind Oher as a long term LT. And they appear hell bent on it. It's far less reshuffling if they just agreed with me....

LOL

we are in a win now mode, mckinnie and oher should be the tackles

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    we are in a win now mode, mckinnie and oher should be the tackles
    that would concurr with my opinion and reasoning. It msay sound negative to some, but to me it is positive as I see it as a chance we can be better then we already are, which is one of the best teams inthe league.
    I wantus to be THE BEST team in the league in February.

no no no, if you dont agree with him, you are a bad person and fan!

The whole jeopardizing the season for a vendetta thing is way over dramatic. I don't think that I've ever read or written anything on this board that resembles that.
    There are those who do feel that the coaching staff lets personal feelings get in the way of playing the best players.

There is even one guy who actually posted that he would rather us lose games just to fire Cam.

Now I would agree that it may be time to look at the alternative, but I think McKinnie absolutely deserves to have the coaching staff question his reliability and all.

We'll see though...I got preached to all through camp that you have to play young guys or they won't improve so the staff may have made the committment to the young guys. We'll see.