Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88
  1. #46

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey look...this thread has been hi jacked again by the same 3 or 4 guys who cant figure out that maybe the coaching staff knows what the hell they're doing...


    ..weird...

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Weird how some folks ignore poor play pointed out by objective analysis.




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Towson
    Posts
    1,189

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    FilmStudy- What kind of grades were you giving McKinnie's play last year? McKinnie is in better physical shape this year then he was in last year, so there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't play at least as well as he did last year. I remember McKinnie handling James Harrison and a number of other very good pass rushers rather effectively last year, so I would be surprised if FilmStudy had given him a grade of "D".
    McKinnie's worst score of last season was .61 in week 2 vs. Tennessee (2nd worst was 2nd Cin, .65). He was twice in the 90's (.92 vs. the Browns in the 2nd meeting and .94 versus the Texans in the playoffs). I had 8 of his scores between .71 and .83. I kept a file of all the scores by game, but I can't find it now. I went back to write them down from the articles and am missing 1 RS plus the loss at NE.

    Subjectively, I'd say McKinnie 2011 was a middle-of-the-pack LT who was a plus pass blocker and a poor run blocker. I'd probably have graded him between a C and C+ for all of last season.

    A note on Oher versus McKinnie as it relates to my scoring system. My system doesn't have a broad degree of gradation for run blocks, but it does grade pass blocking errors on a strict scale. A poor pass blocker is going to have a worse score than a poor run blocker, who would accumulate a number of 0s, but not too many negative numbers versus the run.

    With the above disclaimer, we're talking about LT in a QB-driven league, where pass blocking is clearly more important, so I think the system is fair in penalizing Oher for his pass blocking errors more than McKinnie for his run blocking indifference.




  3. #48

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Um yeah KO is officially a liability at RT. Like O'neill Cousins style.




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post

    Weird how some folks ignore poor play pointed out by objective analysis.
    Objective? Hahahahaha.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #50

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Objective? Hahahahaha.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    So are you suggesting some agenda from Filmstudy?
    It's kind of funny how his numbers always sem to jive with what I see subjectively.

    This line is NOT good, it's MAYYYYYBBBBBEEEE average, at best.




  6. #51

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    i rest my case. KO not ready for prime time at RT.




  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3
    No, not at all. I took it as ravens420's "objective" opinion.

    Film writes down what he sees. He has a good product. I dont think it tells the whole story some of the time though. Its hard to attach an arbitrary scale to individual performances in football. Especially the OL.

    That said, this OL is without a doubt average at best. However, considering the youth on it there is certainly reason to think that they can get better.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, not at all. I took it as ravens420's "objective" opinion.

    Film writes down what he sees. He has a good product. I dont think it tells the whole story some of the time though. Its hard to attach an arbitrary scale to individual performances in football. Especially the OL.

    That said, this OL is without a doubt average at best. However, considering the youth on it there is certainly reason to think that they can get better.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Let's hope so!
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #54

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, not at all. I took it as ravens420's "objective" opinion.

    Film writes down what he sees. He has a good product. I dont think it tells the whole story some of the time though. Its hard to attach an arbitrary scale to individual performances in football. Especially the OL.

    That said, this OL is without a doubt average at best. However, considering the youth on it there is certainly reason to think that they can get better.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    OK, i think 420 was pointing to Film's objective analysis.
    Film, to me, is very forthright about the main weakness of his system. There is no room for objectively rating success on a running play, past block made, yes or no. There is also no degree of difficulty in the objective portion. He clears both of those up, IMO, the best he can in his subjective notes.

    Yes, there is reason to believe that they can and will improve. It still doesn't mean that I think they wouldn't be better served for now shuffling some people in, out and around.




  10. #55

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Even faced with Filmstudy's analysis, they still cling to us somehow being wrong about the OL. We state our opinions, are blown off and then someone who is respected posts an objective review. guess who it backs up? Even then, they cant admit we have something legit to say. It is backed up by the play on the field and nothing else. its funny how they react, i guess people hate being wrong and looking bad. trust me, i wish i was wrong about this line. but im not and if you say different, back it up like filmstudy does.




  11. #56

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Even faced with Filmstudy's analysis, they still cling to us somehow being wrong about the OL. We state our opinions, are blown off and then someone who is respected posts an objective review. guess who it backs up? Even then, they cant admit we have something legit to say. It is backed up by the play on the field and nothing else. its funny how they react, i guess people hate being wrong and looking bad. trust me, i wish i was wrong about this line. but im not and if you say different, back it up like filmstudy does.
    This fanbase as a whole, and epitomized on it's major message boards are enamoured wth the In OZ we trust mantra. They talk of him as an infallable deity. Any notion that any human on the planet sees something that he does not yields discussion on that person's eyesight. Many will watch games closely, take notes and if Oz says somethign that contradicts what they saw they change their opinion. It's a very weird nature of a DIscussion board. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure what people are doing on a message board if they are simply going to defer at any given time to the powers that be of the team they love.




  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Some people love a C student.

    Oher starts off the same in KC as he did in Philly giving up a big sack.

    Some fans love it.




  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,832
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

    This fanbase as a whole, and epitomized on it's major message boards are enamoured wth the In OZ we trust mantra. They talk of him as an infallable deity. Any notion that any human on the planet sees something that he does not yields discussion on that person's eyesight. Many will watch games closely, take notes and if Oz says somethign that contradicts what they saw they change their opinion. It's a very weird nature of a DIscussion board. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure what people are doing on a message board if they are simply going to defer at any given time to the powers that be of the team they love.
    Because folks like you get on here, throw around your negative crap, only like to comment on and point out bad plays, and then when someone disagrees with you they are treating Ozzie and the coaching staff like they are infallible (which isnt true) and then some take the victim approach and cry censorship.

    There is very little objectivity in 90% of what posters like that like to post. Its the same old "OL sucks...Oher sucks...Harbs sucks...We shouldnt have won...We wont win anymore games like that...blah blah blah..."

    Seriously, why even be a fan?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because folks like you get on here, throw around your negative crap, only like to comment on and point out bad plays, and then when someone disagrees with you they are treating Ozzie and the coaching staff like they are infallible (which isnt true) and then some take the victim approach and cry censorship.

    There is very little objectivity in 90% of what posters like that like to post. Its the same old "OL sucks...Oher sucks...Harbs sucks...We shouldnt have won...We wont win anymore games like that...blah blah blah..."

    Seriously, why even be a fan?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    This times infinity.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    So Oher didn't suck with that sack in Philly and
    today and with 37 penalties in 58 games?

    Now who is being subjective?


    Film is the most respected poster on the net going on all the boards with his superior
    analysis.


    And how is agreeing with Film hi-jacking a thread? It's the other guys doing the hi-jacking.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland