Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Holy shit. Do people honestly believe that Harbaugh would rather lose games to make a point than win them?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    McKinnie could easily have the same D, but wouldnt you think KO is a better fit at LG than RT and we all know for a FACT that Oher is much better at RT? Why weaken three positions instead of one? it makes no sense. This is nothing more than harbaugh's doghouse bullcrap costing the team.
    FilmStudy- What kind of grades were you giving McKinnie's play last year? McKinnie is in better physical shape this year then he was in last year, so there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't play at least as well as he did last year. I remember McKinnie handling James Harrison and a number of other very good pass rushers rather effectively last year, so I would be surprised if FilmStudy had given him a grade of "D".

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    FilmStudy- What kind of grades were you giving McKinnie's play last year? McKinnie is in better physical shape this year then he was in last year, so there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't play at least as well as he did last year. I remember McKinnie handling James Harrison and a number of other very good pass rushers rather effectively last year, so I would be surprised if FilmStudy had given him a grade of "D".
    Or just watch the third pre-season game, where Mckinnie did at least as good as Oher.

Even if:

Oher > McKinnie, (which is debatable)

KO> Harewood @ guard, he cant really be worse
    Oher> KO @ RT where we know he is a B

If this was so thought out, why did McKinnie start the third game? Why was Harewood's first game at guard the opener? Why didnt that line play ONE snap together in the preseason to gain a little cohesion?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Holy shit. Do people honestly believe that Harbaugh would rather lose games to make a point than win them?
    Unfortunately...yes.

Looking at the things the offense still has been able to do can you imagine the numbers if Flacco was able to climb the pocket?

Blog Entries
    Hey look...this thread has been hi jacked again by the same 3 or 4 guys who cant figure out that maybe the coaching staff knows what the hell they're doing...

..weird...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Hey at least it's good that we are complaining about an average Oline that has upside, over the usual more worrying signs that have plagued this franchise for years. I'd say about 95 % of this league would love to only have an average Oline to complain about than what they have right now.

The main worry I have is our LB corps, it really needs upgrading in the offseason, whether that be through the draft or FA. But it's not extremely worrying, especially with Suggs looking to make an earlier than expected return.

Blog Entries
    Very true leach.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

With McKinnie-Williams-Birk-Yanda-Oher we MIGHT be looking at a line that's 5% better (say a B-) but would definitely be 5 years older. With Harewood and KO they may not be where they need to be yet, but they have a possibility of improving.

If Gradkowski could supplant Birk (who seems to be physically done), we'd be looking at a very young o-line that would only get better.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey look...this thread has been hi jacked again by the same 3 or 4 guys who cant figure out that maybe the coaching staff knows what the hell they're doing...

..weird...

Weird how some folks ignore poor play pointed out by objective analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    McKinnie's worst score of last season was .61 in week 2 vs. Tennessee (2nd worst was 2nd Cin, .65). He was twice in the 90's (.92 vs. the Browns in the 2nd meeting and .94 versus the Texans in the playoffs). I had 8 of his scores between .71 and .83. I kept a file of all the scores by game, but I can't find it now. I went back to write them down from the articles and am missing 1 RS plus the loss at NE.

Subjectively, I'd say McKinnie 2011 was a middle-of-the-pack LT who was a plus pass blocker and a poor run blocker. I'd probably have graded him between a C and C+ for all of last season.

A note on Oher versus McKinnie as it relates to my scoring system. My system doesn't have a broad degree of gradation for run blocks, but it does grade pass blocking errors on a strict scale. A poor pass blocker is going to have a worse score than a poor run blocker, who would accumulate a number of 0s, but not too many negative numbers versus the run.

With the above disclaimer, we're talking about LT in a QB-driven league, where pass blocking is clearly more important, so I think the system is fair in penalizing Oher for his pass blocking errors more than McKinnie for his run blocking indifference.

Um yeah KO is officially a liability at RT. Like O'neill Cousins style.