Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

Another great job Film but like I said after your
    last grade for Oher, some people love a C student.

Um, this week a C- student.

He goes from a D to a C to a C-.

That's going backwards last week.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    My no.1 want in the draft right now is chance Womack the left guard from bama. If flacco could get good inside protection like brees had and step up into a clean pocket every throw he could be deadly.

Womack looks like a man amongst boys out there
    I bet if we didn't have Yanda, Alabama would have a better O-Line than us right now. Barret Jones, DJ Fluker, and Chance Warmack make a pretty dominant force and are all more than likely going to be taken top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    This is pretty much right in line with what I'm seeing too. The thing is, these grades are across the board higher than what I thought they'd be before the season, with maybe the exception of Birk who's fallen off a cliff like I thought he would. So while I think mostly they've been a C line, that's really a lot higher than I thought they would be.

Part of it also is that they "look" more successful than they probably are because of how often the offense is leaving extra help to block. The Ravens are almost never blocking with less than two players more than the opposition is rushing. The exceptions are on exotic blitzes or situations where teams are sending six or more rushers. So the line is getting a good bit of extra help via TEs, FBs and RBs which are blocking or chipping before leaking out as dump-off options (which Flacco is taking less often than he was last year...he's much better at making second and third reads this year).

Overall I've been pleasantly surprised by the OL play. Average is way better than I thought they'd be so far, which is great.

- C -
    agreed in basically every way.

Harewood might be a capable starter by next year, but right now, he does appear to be a liability. He's really hurt us in each of the last three games. Is it time to give Bobbie Williams the starting nod?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Harewood might be a capable starter by next year, but right now, he does appear to be a liability. He's really hurt us in each of the last three games. Is it time to give Bobbie Williams the starting nod?
    You have to figure that Harewood is outplaying Williams in practice but (even though he's a bright guy) he's having trouble translating that to the game environment. It probably says more about the level of Williams' play that they choose to keep Ramon in there & hope the light goes on soon enough that it won't cost them.

id like to know how mckinnie, KO, birk, yanda, oher isnt a better lineup? if a certain jackass could catch, it would have been a superbowl OL, with grubbs replaced by promising rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    id like to know how mckinnie, KO, birk, yanda, oher isnt a better lineup? if a certain jackass could catch, it would have been a superbowl OL, with grubbs replaced by promising rookie.
    For the love of God read through the forums.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    For the love of God read through the forums.
    And you will find NOTHING but MIXED OPINIONS.

We'd have to SEE that line play to know whether it is better or not.

I'm also of the mindset that it almost has to be better. I would be very surprised if it were worse, but most likely, at this moment, it's about the same. The current line has more "upside" and "long-term potential" which, in my opinion, is why it's what we continue to see on sundays.

Not because McKinnie is highly unreliable and it's questionable whether or not he even deserves a roster spot right now?

I have absolutely no faith in that guy and would really like to see us go the whole year without him taking a single snap. And that's with me saying Oher's playing C or worse LT right now.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

I'm also of the mindset that it almost has to be better. I would be very surprised if it were worse, but most likely, at this moment, it's about the same. The current line has more "upside" and "long-term potential" which, in my opinion, is why it's what we continue to see on sundays.
    The long term is definitely the key. The team would rather not do two things 1) deal with McKinnie in the offseason and 2) spend a high draft pick on another olineman when there's a pressing need for high end talent in our line backing corps. The offense certainly has been able to score points and win football games in spite of the line play, and the hope is that they'll continue to improve as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Not because McKinnie is highly unreliable and it's questionable whether or not he even deserves a roster spot right now?

I have absolutely no faith in that guy and would really like to see us go the whole year without him taking a single snap. And that's with me saying Oher's playing C or worse LT right now.

- C -
    McKinnie could easily have the same D, but wouldnt you think KO is a better fit at LG than RT and we all know for a FACT that Oher is much better at RT? Why weaken three positions instead of one? it makes no sense. This is nothing more than harbaugh's doghouse bullcrap costing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

For real. And most of those "opinions" that support this line try to say that its not as bad as we think. now, thanks to film, we have an objective measure of their play. and it f'ing sucks balls. i guess the only way some will get it is if flacco goes down because of oher's bad play.