Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 88
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player



    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Yet Joe is on pace to throw for 5,000 yards, and Rice is on pace for yet another 2,000 yd season from scrimmage.
    Yes, and since a receiver can run another 10+ yards in that extra second that the other quarterbacks are getting, imagine how much more Joe and our guys could do.
    I'm hoping our Oline improves, especially the youngins.
    Because we will need their best against the Texans and Cowboys, that's for sure.




  2. #17

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Yet Joe is on pace to throw for 5,000 yards, and Rice is on pace for yet another 2,000 yd season from scrimmage.
    Yea full credit to Joe, the receivers, and Ray. It's incredible how many big plays the Ravens have had with such litte time - presumably those big plays would take a while to develop.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,932
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Finding a better option than Oher is much easier said than done.

    We aren't going to have a high draft pick and Ozzie doesn't reach for need much and we aren't going to have much money to go out and find a UFA (and top LT's don't hit UFA anyway).

    I think it's a pretty safe bet that Oher is resigned.


    Oher may be about as average as they come when talking about LT's in the NFL.

    However, average is a lot better than what several teams have and he's still young enough to improve (not saying he will). He'll definitely be re-signed and it won't be for crazy top tiered LT money either.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blvd of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    2,228

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Filmstudy's evaluation makes for some pretty sobering reading. On the plus side we have youth with real potential (Harewood, KO, Reid[?], Gradkowski [?]) On the other hand, we'll lose our depth next year with McKinnie, Birk, and Williams gone. And our Oline coach . . . Oz will need a lot of magic.




  5. #20

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    This is pretty much right in line with what I'm seeing too. The thing is, these grades are across the board higher than what I thought they'd be before the season, with maybe the exception of Birk who's fallen off a cliff like I thought he would. So while I think mostly they've been a C line, that's really a lot higher than I thought they would be.

    Part of it also is that they "look" more successful than they probably are because of how often the offense is leaving extra help to block. The Ravens are almost never blocking with less than two players more than the opposition is rushing. The exceptions are on exotic blitzes or situations where teams are sending six or more rushers. So the line is getting a good bit of extra help via TEs, FBs and RBs which are blocking or chipping before leaking out as dump-off options (which Flacco is taking less often than he was last year...he's much better at making second and third reads this year).

    Overall I've been pleasantly surprised by the OL play. Average is way better than I thought they'd be so far, which is great.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  6. Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    I am telling everybody right now, the O-line is what's going to be our crux this year. I am not impressed with Oher, Birk, or Osemele. If only Flacco had a better line in front of him, the sky would be the limit for this team!




  7. Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Refer to post 15
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 10-06-2012 at 10:32 PM.




  8. Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    On Baltimoreravens.com I saw an incredibly disturbing stat:

    Flacco has 2.9 seconds on average before getting sacked. That is the LEAST amount of time that any quarterback in the league has.

    As a point of comparison, Tom Brady has 3.9 seconds and Matt Ryan has a whopping 4.0 seconds on average.

    Our line as a whole has been pretty bad.


    THIS......




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,932
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    [/I]

    THIS......
    Please refer to post #15.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Another great job Film but like I said after your
    last grade for Oher, some people love a C student.

    Um, this week a C- student.

    He goes from a D to a C to a C-.

    That's going backwards last week.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    My no.1 want in the draft right now is chance Womack the left guard from bama. If flacco could get good inside protection like brees had and step up into a clean pocket every throw he could be deadly.

    Womack looks like a man amongst boys out there
    I bet if we didn't have Yanda, Alabama would have a better O-Line than us right now. Barret Jones, DJ Fluker, and Chance Warmack make a pretty dominant force and are all more than likely going to be taken top 25.




  12. #27

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    This is pretty much right in line with what I'm seeing too. The thing is, these grades are across the board higher than what I thought they'd be before the season, with maybe the exception of Birk who's fallen off a cliff like I thought he would. So while I think mostly they've been a C line, that's really a lot higher than I thought they would be.

    Part of it also is that they "look" more successful than they probably are because of how often the offense is leaving extra help to block. The Ravens are almost never blocking with less than two players more than the opposition is rushing. The exceptions are on exotic blitzes or situations where teams are sending six or more rushers. So the line is getting a good bit of extra help via TEs, FBs and RBs which are blocking or chipping before leaking out as dump-off options (which Flacco is taking less often than he was last year...he's much better at making second and third reads this year).

    Overall I've been pleasantly surprised by the OL play. Average is way better than I thought they'd be so far, which is great.

    - C -
    agreed in basically every way.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Harewood might be a capable starter by next year, but right now, he does appear to be a liability. He's really hurt us in each of the last three games. Is it time to give Bobbie Williams the starting nod?




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,690
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Harewood might be a capable starter by next year, but right now, he does appear to be a liability. He's really hurt us in each of the last three games. Is it time to give Bobbie Williams the starting nod?
    You have to figure that Harewood is outplaying Williams in practice but (even though he's a bright guy) he's having trouble translating that to the game environment. It probably says more about the level of Williams' play that they choose to keep Ramon in there & hope the light goes on soon enough that it won't cost them.




  15. #30

    Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

    id like to know how mckinnie, KO, birk, yanda, oher isnt a better lineup? if a certain jackass could catch, it would have been a superbowl OL, with grubbs replaced by promising rookie.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland