Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,182


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Buck has to be in the conversation for manager of the year. Great game, great season.
    There is no conversation. Buck is 100% manager of the year.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    There is no conversation. Buck is 100% manager of the year.
    Yeah it's a no brainer. Oakland was a great story too, but what Buck did was flat out amazing. Lose your top two hitters? No problem. All your projected starters suck balls? No problem. This isn't just the best managerial job of the year, it's one of the all-time greats in baseball.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Buck has to be in the conversation for manager of the year. Great game, great season.

    O's made like 145 or so roster moves this year, shattering the previous record. Thats all coaching! No doubt Buck is the manager of the year!




  4. #19

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Agree 100 percent regarding manager of the year, but I'm still just so damn thrilled that the Orioles won this game that I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight. It's been a long wait for this. And wasn't it great to see Orioles fans in the Rangers park? I'm guessing they won't get any sleep tonight for sure.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    This Sunday is going to be one of the craziest, greatest sports days that I can remember. Ravens @ 1 then the O's @ 6. All I can say is thank goodness I'm off Monday. God bless Christopher Columbus. Lol.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,911
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Absolutely incredible.


    I just watched the O's win a playoff game for the first time since I was 15 years old. Wow.


    Time to eff up those overrated and overpriced Yanks.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #22
    I am not understanding the new 2 team wild card for just 1 game. I can see if it was 4 divisions then yes have 2 wildcards with the best out of 3 or 5.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    394

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Ain't the beer cold!




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,681
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post

    Time to beat the YANKEES like
    There is no truth to the rumor that the Orioles rented several mules last night for the team to practice on this morning...is there?

    I didn't think they had a prayer last night. Never so happy to be so wrong!




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,365
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    This Sunday is going to be one of the craziest, greatest sports days that I can remember. Ravens @ 1 then the O's @ 6. All I can say is thank goodness I'm off Monday. God bless Christopher Columbus. Lol.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    I am not understanding the new 2 team wild card for just 1 game. I can see if it was 4 divisions then yes have 2 wildcards with the best out of 3 or 5.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Why?




  12. #27

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    There is no conversation. Buck is 100% manager of the year.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    This!! Buck has had remarkable turnaround success in his second year for each of the teams he's manage. There's a reason why he was named manager of the year twice. His 24 game improvement speaks volumes.




  13. #28

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Joe Saunders was huge tonight.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Absolutely!!! I have to admit. I was a little skeptical with Buck's decision to go with Saunders given his track record against the rangers in Arlington but he went against the grain choosing instead to go with experience and knowing full well that the Rangers were a struggling ballclub ripe for the picking!




  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Game on MLB network for anyone who missed it.




  15. #30

    Re: Orioles vs rangers AL wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yeah it's a no brainer. Oakland was a great story too, but what Buck did was flat out amazing. Lose your top two hitters? No problem. All your projected starters suck balls? No problem. This isn't just the best managerial job of the year, it's one of the all-time greats in baseball.
    In any sport. He took the laughing stock of all sports and turned them into contenders.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland