Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ellerbe played at 266

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...6255750.column

A lot of the bad things appear to be behind him now. Ellerbe once weighed 266 pounds. He now stays under a team prescribed 240. He is still learning the game from Lewis and Reed, but teaching it to some of the younger players as well. He has stepped up as well as grown up.
    I knew he had problems controlling his weight but damn, didn't know he was that big.

Blog Entries

Re: Ellerbe played at 266

He's very athletic. I don't recall him ever seeming to play that outsized. He just needs to work on being more coachable, imo. He's got the physical skills to be a very good linebacker. If he inculcates what the coaches and Lewis are teaching and showing him, he'll get there.

I told you he was fat and slow last year. You could just see his fat gut hanging out, no definition in his arms and had a fat arse on top of it. The Ravens D in the AFC C game vs NE got better once he left with an injury, he couldnt handle the TE's or anybody for that matter. Still not sold on him as a player, he's the not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I told you he was fat and slow last year. You could just see his fat gut hanging out, no definition in his arms and had a fat arse on top of it. The Ravens D in the AFC C game vs NE got better once he left with an injury, he couldnt handle the TE's or anybody for that matter. Still not sold on him as a player, he's the not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Neither was/is James Harrison. I'm sure Oz wishes he had been more patient there.

LOL at 266 for a linebacker being "fat", especially on the inside in a 3-4 where you typically have one "thumper" and one speed guy.

This 240lb ILB thing is quite new, and was far from the norm until recently with all the passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    he's the not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Do you know him personally?
    Just going by this message board you don't come across very sharp.
    Harrison micro surgery?

Ellerbeast

Blog Entries

He may have been playing at 260+ but that wasnt by his or the teams design most likely. When youre injured, staying in shape is hard, especially leg injuries. I can see how he put on a few while dealing with his hamstring.
    -JAB

266 is a little on the big side for a LB. Maybe that's why he was in Harbaugh's doghouse in the past. Weight issues combined with a poor work ethic up until now? Nevertheless he must be doing something right becuase he's bascially taking away snaps from McClain.

Ellerbe's is healthier, lighter and [I hope] more mature than he was last year...also in this, his 4th season, he should be smarter too. On top of all of that, Pees is putting him into positions where he can be successful. Good stuff all-around. I need to watch him more going forward and on NFLN.

Thinking way too far ahead, but depending on finances and performance, I can see a beefier Christian Thompson filling Ellerbe's role in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ellerbe's is healthier, lighter and [I hope] more mature than he was last year...also in this, his 4th season, he should be smarter too. On top of all of that, Pees is putting him into positions where he can be successful. Good stuff all-around. I need to watch him more going forward and on NFLN.

Thinking way too far ahead, but depending on finances and performance, I can see a beefier Christian Thompson filling Ellerbe's role in 2013.
    Isn't Ellerbee also in a contract year??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    266 is a little on the big side for a LB...
    What does Upshaw weigh? ... Bc