Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Rice a trash talker?

Tamba Hali Says Ray Rice Is A Good Trash Talker

maybe im missing something, but i always thought Rice was pretty subdued on field. Multiple NFL films ive heard him usually only say little things in passing that werent "trash" at all or actually tell the other team to stop talking trash to him, because he doesn't talk it himself. I found Hali's comments a little contrary to what ive always perceived. Anybody else think the same or am I just choosing to ignore that aspect of Rice?
    -JAB

Re: Rice a trash talker?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Tamba Hali Says Ray Rice Is A Good Trash Talker

maybe im missing something, but i always thought Rice was pretty subdued on field. Multiple NFL films ive heard him usually only say little things in passing that werent "trash" at all or actually tell the other team to stop talking trash to him, because he doesn't talk it himself. I found Hali's comments a little contrary to what ive always perceived. Anybody else think the same or am I just choosing to ignore that aspect of Rice?
    I've seen him in a number of games talking to his opponent. Did you see the soundbites from the niners game last year. He was talking brief trash but it was respectful. i don't consider this an issue and Hall even suggested that himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I've seen him in a number of games talking to his opponent. Did you see the soundbites from the niners game last year. He was talking brief trash but it was respectful. i don't consider this an issue and Hall even suggested that himself.
    i dont think its an issue regardless, but ive never really considered what ive heard him say trash talking on any level. Most of what ive heard is him saying he doesnt, complaints about hits, or just saying good play/tackle/what have you. I dont think i really ever heard him say anything boastful or derogatory towards an opponent, which is what id consider "trash" talking. maybe thats not the typical definition?
    -JAB

Hard to say unless we're on the field. Most football players talk trash, is it really up to us to defend them? Who cares?

Blog Entries

im really not trying to start a debate on whether trash talk is appropriate or not. i dont really care if he does talk trash, i just found it odd that someone says he does, when everything ive heard said he doesnt.
    -JAB

i just found it odd that someone says he does, when everything ive heard said he doesnt.
    Did you even read the article you posted?
    Seems pretty self explanatory.

“I was getting into it with one of their guys in the playoff game, but he’s no longer on the team,” Rice said. “I usually don’t let anybody get to me in that kind of flavor, but that one guy was playing very dirty that day – twisting ankles under the pile, spitting and doing some things.”

Rice made sure to point out that this isn’t usual behavior for him as he champions an anti-bullying cause.

“Talking is usually not a part of my game,” he said. “If it’s talking, it’s usually out of good nature. I tell a guy, ‘Good play.’ I have no problem giving respect when respect is due.”

I sometimes see him talking to an opponent when he's on the field. More often than any other player not also named "Ray." I can't hear what he's saying, but he talks.

I have no problem with it.

Peter Boulware was a talker, too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Did you even read the article you posted?
    Seems pretty self explanatory.
    yes. which is why i thought Hali's comments are off base. Im asking if anybody else has heard him say something or otherwise. one play, one thing said, usually doesnt warrant that kind of comment.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I sometimes see him talking to an opponent when he's on the field. More often than any other player not also named "Ray." I can't hear what he's saying, but he talks.

I have no problem with it.

Peter Boulware was a talker, too.
    suggs is pretty obviously a talker too, id love to hear some of what hes saying.
    -JAB

I see RR talking quite often. He's definitely not quiet. But I doubt there's much serious trash being thrown around.

suggs is pretty obviously a talker too, id love to hear some of what hes saying.
    Agreed. He may be one of the most vocal players on the team when it comes to this aspect, and I guarentee there are some great soundbites on him.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

JAB--

"It’s not dirty trash, it’s good trash.";)

[and just remember - One man's trash talker is another team's all-Pro level player!:respect]