Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 1st Presidential Debate....what did you think?

Here it says Mitt energized the base especially the indies which I posted on another thread. I also posted that 47% of the undecides said
    Mitt won.

Rush warned everyone that the polls were already in before the debate and would be skewed for OBY even if Mitt won the debate.

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/pr...n=widgetphase1

I could point out that Mitt did a complete 180 on so many issues during this debate, and that he straight up lied about plenty, but I know you, like the majority of the American public, don't really care about things like fact checking.

In that light, I'll definitely give the debate to Romney. Style over substance. Obama just sat there and took it. So did the moderator in fact.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Actually, the fact checks I've seen even with their bias's (cause everyone has their bias's)call Obama out more than Romney.

But you're not a fan of either, so I am sure you saw through the bias.

Blog Entries

Lies - who OBY?

I laughed when OBY said he created 5M jobs but I'm sure millions believed him.

http://www.gop.com/news/research/12-...-and-counting/

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Lies - who OBY?

I laughed when OBY said he created 5M jobs but I'm sure millions believed him.

http://www.gop.com/news/research/12-...-and-counting/
    I'll leave this here

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ential-debate/

The debate kind of lacked substance in general, since it was really just both candidates going over their talking points that they've been spouting for the last year. Obama let Romney slide on plenty of shit, and Romney attacked well. So as I said, I definitely give the debate to Romney.

Also, linking to GOP.com? Yeah, thats a nonpartisan, nonbiased source. Nice work buddy.

Also, you seem to be slightly ignorant on the definition of created. Obama claiming he created 5 million jobs is not false. Obama claiming we GAINED 5 million jobs over our previous number would be false. He did create 5 million jobs. We just lost about the same number in the same time period.
    Last edited by CptJesus; 10-04-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Coal stocks jump this morning after Mitt's comments to keep burning clean coal last night.

OBY has closed down many power plants and more are on his hit list to appease
    enviornmental whackos.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8930ZD20121004

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    I'll leave this here

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ential-debate/

The debate kind of lacked substance in general, since it was really just both candidates going over their talking points that they've been spouting for the last year. Obama let Romney slide on plenty of shit, and Romney attacked well. So as I said, I definitely give the debate to Romney.

Also, linking to GOP.com? Yeah, thats a nonpartisan, nonbiased source. Nice work buddy.

Also, you seem to be slightly ignorant on the definition of created. Obama claiming he created 5 million jobs is not false. Obama claiming we GAINED 5 million jobs over our previous number would be false. He did create 5 million jobs. We just lost about the same number in the same time period.
    Linking to politifact while criticizing linking to the GOP, kinda a 6 of 1 half dozen of the other...

Also, how can a job be created when it's just filling a position that was lost during the recession. That's not creating, it's recouping...

Blog Entries

Right NC.

CNN's FACT CHECK SAYS :

that the net gain since he took the oath of office in January 2009 is just 125,000 jobs.

That's a far cry from 5M created jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Linking to politifact while criticizing linking to the GOP, kinda a 6 of 1 half dozen of the other...

Also, how can a job be created when it's just filling a position that was lost during the recession. That's not creating, it's recouping...
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but politifact called out Obama on plenty too. Also, if it was a job that didn't exist before, that's called creation. If jobs shifted from one sector to another, jobs were lost in one sector, and created in the other.

Blog Entries

I actually liked some of politifacts statements. They were fair but also gave some
    opinions instead of facts like the last one posted in the link where they said Romneys
    statement that the board will dictate health care that individual Americans will get
    aka DEATH PANELS. That was an opinion and so were some others. Even some staunch liberals are against these panels and want to repeal it, officially called the Independent Payment Advisory Board or IPAB.

Like one DEM said on TV, OBAMA CARE has some things wrong and so did the Civil
    Rights Bill. LBJ said just pass it and go back and fix it.

Dig this:

During Wednesday evening’s presidential debate, President Barack Obama repeated his support for the controversial Medicare Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) — often dubbed by conservatives as Obamacare’s “death panels” — in a back-and-forth with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/03/ob...#ixzz28Lway3Yg

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/03/ob...rt-for-repeal/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.

I could point out that Mitt did a complete 180 on so many issues during this debate, and that he straight up lied about plenty, but I know you, like the majority of the American public, don't really care about things like fact checking.

In that light, I'll definitely give the debate to Romney. Style over substance. Obama just sat there and took it. So did the moderator in fact.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Ahh yes, insults, that's what this otherwise intelligent discussion was missing.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if you noticed, but politifact called out Obama on plenty too. Also, if it was a job that didn't exist before, that's called creation. If jobs shifted from one sector to another, jobs were lost in one sector, and created in the other.
    Seriously?

If lets say (for example) in 2008 100,000,000 people have jobs in 2009 99,500,000 people have jobs and in 2012 99,950,000 people have jobs - nothing has been created, we still have not recouped all the jobs that were lost.

I'm not trying to be condescending here, you have got to be smart enough to see that is not creating anything.