Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

1st Presidential Debate....what did you think?

I thought Mitt killed it! Obama merely held his own IMO. I thought Mitt could have hammered Obama on several issues, especially in regards to the economy.

Your thoughts?

Stuck at work. If possible, could someone throw some reaction bullet points up from he debate?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: 1st Presidential Debate....what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Stuck at work. If possible, could someone throw some reaction bullet points up from he debate?
    Too much to list but, it was a total ass kicking. Everyone is saying it. MSNBC is in full panic mode

Romney called out Obama for focusing on OBamacare instead of jobs and for bitching about 2.8 billion in tax cuts to oil companies when Obama gave 90 billion to green energy companies who were bankrupt and campaign contributors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Too much to list but, it was a total ass kicking. Everyone is saying it. MSNBC is in full panic mode

Romney called out Obama for focusing on OBamacare instead of jobs and for bitching about 2.8 billion in tax cuts to oil companies when Obama gave 90 billion to green energy companies who are now bankrupt and campaign contributors.
    Fixed. But yeah!

Thanks NC. Look forward to checking it out.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Mitt definitely won it.

He was very confident and put Obama on the defensive right away. I can see why his handlers were lowering expectations. Obama stammered A LOT while and he was often caught looking down while speaking.

An interesting visual occurred right when Mitt said "the middle class is getting crushed". Obama could be seen nodding his head in agreement. He was nodding from the previous comment but its a visual that may end up in an anti-Obama ad.

Blog Entries

Another interesting visual was when OBY became irritated with
    the moderator who was a veteran MC at such events. Mitt haad
    him on the defensive so bad he was on edge.

As Carville said, he looked like he didn't want to be there and
    as Bil Maher said, he needs a teleprompter the way he stumbled
    over his words.

I love Carville's quote: Romney came with a chain saw.

Another one from the so called hard ball guy:

What was Obama doing.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Just a gauge of how decisive this debate was?

The Intrade odds fell for Obama (or rose for Mitt) by 11 points!!!

Still don't think it's enough though.

Mitt's been running a dreadful campaign up till last night. He NEEDS a repeat performance. If not, the media will pounce and return Obama to his glory.

Blog Entries

I agree (to a point) he needs to at least slightly win the next two but definitely the last one to leave that lasting impression of being a man who can bring people together that has a plan to fix things.

I did watch a focus group afterwards and a lot "undecideds" did say this swayed them to Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still don't think it's enough though.

Mitt's been running a dreadful campaign up till last night. He NEEDS a repeat performance. If not, the media will pounce and return Obama to his glory.
    well, to be fair the media is going to do that anyway.

the reason I'm going to disagree with the premise that this was not enough is because tonight instead of the media and the Obama Administration defining Mitt Romney, Mitt Romney to define himself and got to cut through the lies and BS that's been said about it and I think that is important piece.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

According to Andrew Sullivan of the Daily Beast, OBY pulled a Billy Cundiff and choked and just lost the election.

He committed political malpractice.

“He choked. He lost. He may even have lost the election tonight,” Sullivan wrote, later adding, “Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn’t there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.”
    Sullivan, an Obama supporter, was even more vicious on Twitter, calling Obama’s performance “terrible” and “political malpractice.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz28LKQEBQv