Thread: Hot and Cold...

Blog Entries

Hot and Cold...

How is it we can have a team that loses 16-5 one day, then 1 hits the same team a day later and wins 7-1?

I think we have a case of hot and cold...One minute we have a Cy Young pitcher, the next he's a rookie level pitcher. One minute we've got a slugger, the next we've got a bat boy. We need some more consistency next season! Let's see more of these type outings!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Hot and Cold...

Looking forward to next year, what would everyone look for as a backbone to the team next year?

For me:
    C- Hernandez
    2B- Roberts
    3B- Mora
    RF- Markakis

Those guys are set in stone that I'm happy about, Miggy will probably be back at SS I'd guess though there'll no doubt be numerous trade rumours again and Corey Patterson has probably played himself into keeping the CF role I'd guess? Outside that there's clearly lots of room for improvement with the right spending but not throwing money at a guy just because he's there, no point overpaying for a guy who's the best available but isn't worth the money.

3. Re: Hot and Cold...

1b-MAjewski
    2b-Roberts
    3b-Mora
    Ss-Tejada
    RF-Markakis
    CF-Patterson
    LF-Soriano
    DH-Gibbons

SP-Zito
    SP-Bedard
    SP-Cabrera
    SP-Lowen
    SP-Penn

Consistency has been one of this team's problems for years now. A few years ago, didn't we have a 10 game winning streak, followed soon after by a 12 game losing streak?

I'd love to see them go after Soriano or Carlos Lee, but we all know how it will turn out with cheapskate Angelos.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Storm View Post
    1b-MAjewski
    2b-Roberts
    3b-Mora
    Ss-Tejada
    RF-Markakis
    CF-Patterson
    LF-Soriano
    DH-Gibbons

SP-Zito
    SP-Bedard
    SP-Cabrera
    SP-Lowen
    SP-Penn
    Majewski at 1st makes less sense than Gibbons at 1st. I don't even think Majewski played 1st in the minors. I say, unless we can find a decent FA 1B, re-sign Millar and really start honing Gibbons and Majewski on 1st during Spring Training.

I like your optimism about getting Soriano AND Zito...But Zito had said if he was traded here last year, he wouldn't sign a contract extension here this offseason, so I get the feeling he's going to be a tough sell.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!