Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Suggs on Track for Return This Season (Merged)

Per team web site ....

The reigning Defensive Player of the Year 'has his target date' for when he could return.

Reigning Defensive Player of the Year Terrell Suggs is eligible to come off the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list in just over two weeks, meaning that he could return from his Achilles tendon injury as early as the Week 7 matchup in Houston.

Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

Great news!

If he is even 80% of himself, that will help a TON.

Blog Entries

I know they're smart enough not to rush and come back too soon, that said, I'd love to see him back for the Houston game.

Blog Entries

I too think that they probably need to rest him for maybe the Steelers game so that he can get back to full speed and football shape, but if he's actually ready and is confident about playing, then we may need him for the Texans game. This may sound a bit crazy, but if Suggs comes back to his old self, that could single handily turn this D back into a top 5 unit, purely because he is that damn good and will move players around and free them up in the pass rush.

Blog Entries

Resting him won't get him into football shape. He's been resting for 7 months now. He needs to be able to practice. If he can fully practice then they can talk about playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Resting him won't get him into football shape. He's been resting for 7 months now. He needs to be able to practice. If he can fully practice then they can talk about playing him.
    This article is just more of the same, Suggs claiming he will defy all logic and make a miraculous comeback in a time no athlete has ever done before. Yeah I am sure HE has a (completely unrealistic, wildly optomistic, I am Supreman) date to return. It means nothing.

He isn't coming back week 7...or week 9.....or week 11. Watch.

Late Dec is 8 months from surgery, the fastest any athlete has ever come back from an achilles surgery. EVER. In the history of the world.

You are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment fans.

He is still walking with a noticable limp, per reporters at the Browns game Thurs.

This is nothing new. Harbaugh already mentioned this right after the Browns game. I think Suggs will be back in time for the first game against the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    But only recuperating and rehabbing for about 5 months because if memory serves me correctly he suffered the injury over draft weekend and had surgery sometime in early May. I would be shocked if he came back in his first week of eligibilty off the PUP list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    But only recuperating and rehabbing for about 5 months because if memory serves me correctly he suffered the injury over draft weekend and had surgery sometime in early May. I would be shocked if he came back in his first week of eligibilty off the PUP list.
    I figure they won't activate him unless he's completely medically cleared. I'm not going to panic if that first week comes and goes with Suggs still on PUP.

I'm thinking he will start practicing and maybe even suit up for the games.
    When the coaches think he is close to being ready, he will get a series or two.
    He needs to ramp up and get his game legs under him.
    I'm thinking maybe the Raider game, going in and out...just so he can be ready for the Steelers.

The Ravens should be looking at winning the division and getting that home game.
    For them to get that bye week will be extremely tough.
    If the Bills had held onto that lead against the Pats instead of folding, there would have been a chance.
    I think Pats schedule too easy for them to not get that other bye.
    I'm thinking they could be 12-4 or better.

We will have to go 4-1 over the next 5 games to be in the running for a bye with the tiebreaker with the Pats.
    And then Suggs has to come back strong to make the difference during the second half of the season to make this a Super Bowl team.

I'm very much willing to let Suggs surprise me by returning at all this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    This article is just more of the same, Suggs claiming he will defy all logic and make a miraculous comeback in a time no athlete has ever done before. Yeah I am sure HE has a (completely unrealistic, wildly optomistic, I am Supreman) date to return. It means nothing.

He isn't coming back week 7...or week 9.....or week 11. Watch.

Late Dec is 8 months from surgery, the fastest any athlete has ever come back from an achilles surgery. EVER. In the history of the world.

You are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment fans.

He is still walking with a noticable limp, per reporters at the Browns game Thurs.
    Partial tear, not complete. Were it a complete tear, your theatrics might be warranted.