Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718

Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

LOL, DaQaun Bowers - who also had an achilles injury this Spring - has also been activated from PUP and is playing tonight for Tampa.

That's 2 pretty amazing miracles within a week!!!!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And I have never seen you paint as large a target on your back as JFS has. Nor do you insult other members while making your predictions.
    Agreed. I've never had a problem with JFS, but he definitely went over the top on this thread.

I'd forgotten how bad it had gotten:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    The morons who were claiming late October are the ones who are going to be looking stupid, it won't be me.

I don't "know" when he will be back but I can draw a reasonable conclusion from doctors and past injuries to football players.
    I call them like I see them, and late October is a completely unrealistic prediction based on nothing but blind hope and optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Agreed. I've never had a problem with JFS, but he definitely went over the top on this thread.

I'd forgotten how bad it had gotten:
    Just TERRIBLE wasn't it. Can't imagine anyone predicting something injury related 6 months ago, and then sticking by what they said instead of waffling. I mean we should just take every players word when they say they are going to defy medical science and history from now on.

I was proven wrong by a f%^&*ng miracle. Those aren't my words by the way, pretty much everyone was completely dumbfounded how soon he returned. I can pull up about 20 quotes if you would like. Doctors, players, coaches, people around the team etc...etc...
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-26-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Jesus, you guys sound like a bunch of Browns fans. It's an online forum, it's supposed to be entertaining and informative. So what if he was wrong (and was a dick about it), shit happens

Just TERRIBLE wasn't it. Can't imagine anyone predicting something injury related 6 months ago, and then sticking by what they said instead of waffling. I mean we should just take every players word when they say they are going to defy medical science and history from now on.
    JFS, just my 2 cents, but I don't think anyone would take issue with you sticking by your opinion or prediction. I think what most people took issue with was the way you expressed it and chastised those who disagreed with you.

Miracle or not (there are 2 now, given Bowers return), I'm not surprised by the heat you've received given how you were dishing it out.

Again, just my 2 cents.

Peace.

Blog Entries

I was proven wrong by a f%^&*ng miracle. Those aren't my words by the way, pretty much everyone was completely dumbfounded how soon he returned. I can pull up about 20 quotes if you would like. Doctors, players, coaches, people around the team etc...etc...
    Yeah, your condescending tone didn't help your cause but I definitely respect the fact that you have come back to eat your crow. And admitted that you were wrong, sort of. Your a bigger man than me. I almost never admit when I am wrong.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-26-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Achilles injuries are not big a deal, unless you tear it off from the heel bone. Which Suggs did not do. I dont know where Bowers tore his. Suggs new Achilles will actually be stronger than his other one (not repaired). All of us, if you are likely over 30 or so or even younger have Achilles micro tears in you realize it or not. Been there done that. My ruptured Achilles tendon is much stronger than the one not ruptured. Problem is we dont get enought absorbable Sulfur in our diets to strenthen our tendons. It's not a miracle, IMO.

Not every medical injury is cookie cutter. In this case, it obviously wasn't as bad as people thought it was. I just think that in this day and age, they try to exagerate injuries and prepare people for the worst case scenario. Who knows, he may have even been able to come back in week 4 or 5 if he wasn't on PUP.

Gee, congratulations, you stuck to what you said. BFD. Try not to break your arm patting yourself on the back. The issue here, since you seem to have missed it yet again, is the fact that you called anyone and everyone who disagreed with your non-expert opinion a moron.

And I see that even your "crow-eating" post needed an edit by a moderator. Nice job.

Since this has become a thread about JFS and not Suggs, it's shut down.

Time for everyone to move on.