Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 214
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season



    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    No athlete, with all their "supreme athleticism and technology" has EVER come back in less than 8 months.

    The last time this nonsense came up I challenged anyone to prove otherwise, using all documented history on the internet ( I found about 10 very recent NFL Football cases alone, not to mention all the other sports which puts it in the hundreds I am guessing)...and no one could.

    November 18 would be 6.5 months, it aint happening.

    An achilles is worse than an ACL, especially for a pass rusher, and people think Adrian Peterson is a God because he came back in 7 months from that injury.

    I will gladly take the bet, as long as we qualify him playing more than say 15 snaps, which would pretty much be pass rushing situations only. If he plays less than that and can't hold up to finish the game that does not count.

    Enjoy posting while you can.

    Totally utterly incorrect, garbage this post is. I've told you before it's been done a lot quicker, you obviously just ignore other people when they prove you wrong. You said the same thing earlier in the summer. You don't know everything, contrary to what you believe.

    Alastair Brownlee, the British triathlete that won gold in this summers Olympics, tore his Achilles' tendon fully in march and came back in 3 months to be the best triathlete in the world, bar none.

    3 months from a full tear, to be the best in his field.
    Last edited by arnie_uk; 10-03-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Putting in brownlee's first name




  2. #32

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Totally utterly incorrect, garbage this post is. I've told you before it's been done a lot quicker, you obviously just ignore other people when they prove you wrong. You said the same thing earlier in the summer. You don't know everything, contrary to what you believe.

    Brownlee, the British triathlete that won gold in this summers Olympics, tore his Achilles' tendon fully in march and came back in 3 months to be the best triathlete in the world, bar none.

    3 months from a full tear, to be the best in his field.
    He DID NOT HAVE SURGERY. The tear was MICROSCOPIC and they let it heal on it's own.

    Go back and look at that thread I LINKED TO THE ARTICLE.

    YOU are the only who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about, so go ahead and look back at that thread and click on the link to his story. Then you can apologize for being so mis informed and wrong.

    Oh and anyone who wants to put their money where their big mouths are, step on up. Name your price.

    I am trying to get other stuff done I don't have any more time to waste on this garbage, this is about the 5th Suggs thread I have said this in.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    ''Terrell had a successful surgical procedure done on his Achilles tendon this afternoon by Dr. Bob Anderson,'' general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-...3225--nfl.html




  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    This article is just more of the same, Suggs claiming he will defy all logic and make a miraculous comeback in a time no athlete has ever done before. Yeah I am sure HE has a (completely unrealistic, wildly optomistic, I am Supreman) date to return. It means nothing.

    He isn't coming back week 7...or week 9.....or week 11. Watch.

    Late Dec is 8 months from surgery, the fastest any athlete has ever come back from an achilles surgery. EVER. In the history of the world.

    You are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment fans.



    He is still walking with a noticable limp, per reporters at the Browns game Thurs.
    Rod Woodson shredded his knee week 1 in 1996? and returned later that season to play in the Superbowl. Before he did that coming back from ACL surgery in a mere 5 months was nearly unheard of. I am just saying, miracles do happen.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    I really don't see Suggs coming back til late way late. If he does come back by the houston game ill fall over.




  6. #36

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Rod Woodson shredded his knee week 1 in 1996? and returned later that season to play in the Superbowl. Before he did that coming back from ACL surgery in a mere 5 months was nearly unheard of. I am just saying, miracles do happen.
    No miracle has ever happened with an achilles injury, not to a high level athlete. Ever. It is a devastating injury, much worse than ACL. BEST recovery time I found was 8 months (to be back on field playing), usually it is an 8-10 month injury. ACL is like 5-7 months these days.

    You see how no one can provide one example? That is because these "miracles" do not exist with this injury. I am sorry, I spent almost an entire day LAST TIME we went over this and KNOW what I am talking about. That is how I KNOW, because I actually spent the time to research it unlike every other person who claims otherwise.

    I put up or shut up, but apparently no one else wants to do the same.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    I found this article online. I apologize if it has already been posted. It doesn't sound encouraging.

    Of the 31 players who sustained an Achilles tendon rupture, 21 (64%) returned to play in the NFL at an average of 11 months after injury. In the three seasons following their return, those 21 players saw significant decreases in games played and power ratings compared to the three seasons preceding the injury.

    The percentage of players returning to play at the NFL level is consistent with a meta-analysis performed by Bhandari4 in 2002. The authors reported return to function rates of 63% for patients treated nonoperatively and 71% for those treated operatively. If we assume that all the NFL players were treated operatively, as would be the standard for young athletes, the return to play rate of 64% is slightly lower than the 71% reported in the meta-analysis. This difference could be attributed to the excessive demands placed on the operatively repaired Achilles tendon in NFL players combined with a body size, strength, and explosiveness that would further increase these demands.

    The length of time to allow full activity after Achilles tendon repair is generally thought to be four to six months.4-6 The 11 months needed to return to play as a professional football player seems considerably longer. However, there is a major difference between allowing full activity and returning to play in the NFL. Even when the typical patient is allowed to participate in full activity, it does not mean that he or she is adequately rehabilitated to perform at maximal efforts. Studies to determine maximal improvement after surgical treatment are lacking in the orthopedic literature.

    http://lowerextremityreview.com/arti...tendon-rupture




  8. #38

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I found this article online. I apologize if it has already been posted. It doesn't sound encouraging.
    Wow how in the hell do you find that?? Great find and some more FACTS that people want to ignore. It is even worse than I estimated, much worse matter of fact.

    Any questions people? Go ahead and run your traps now. Tell me how little I know again.

    And Suggs is gonna play in 6.5 months?? LOL.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    No athlete, with all their "supreme athleticism and technology" has EVER come back in less than 8 months.

    The last time this nonsense came up I challenged anyone to prove otherwise, using all documented history on the internet ( I found about 10 very recent NFL Football cases alone, not to mention all the other sports which puts it in the hundreds I am guessing)...and no one could.

    November 18 would be 6.5 months, it aint happening.

    An achilles is worse than an ACL, especially for a pass rusher, and people think Adrian Peterson is a God because he came back in 7 months from that injury.

    I will gladly take the bet, as long as we qualify him playing more than say 15 snaps, which would pretty much be pass rushing situations only. If he plays less than that and can't hold up to finish the game that does not count.

    Enjoy posting while you can.
    No, straight up, Suggs could get knocked out on another injury or the staff might hold him back. Put up or shut up.

    Last edited by Captain Silver; 10-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.




  10. #40

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No, straight up, Suggs could get knocked out on another injury or the staff might hold him back. Put up or shut up.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    LOL now you are trying to back out. What is Suggs worth playing less than 25% of the defensive snaps? There is zero chance you can win if he goes in for 2 plays and comes out immediately. It won't be some "other" injury. 15 snaps is a more than fair number.

    I insta called the second you shoved your chips in the middle.

    I bet that last post Dirt made got you a little bit scared no?

    Let's put some money on it as well if you want to play games. How about that? Name your price.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    No miracle has ever happened with an achilles injury, not to a high level athlete. Ever. It is a devastating injury, much worse than ACL. BEST recovery time I found was 8 months (to be back on field playing), usually it is an 8-10 month injury. ACL is like 5-7 months these days.

    You see how no one can provide one example? That is because these "miracles" do not exist with this injury. I am sorry, I spent almost an entire day LAST TIME we went over this and KNOW what I am talking about. That is how I KNOW, because I actually spent the time to research it unlike every other person who claims otherwise.

    I put up or shut up, but apparently no one else wants to do the same.
    I think you missed my point. 5-7 months is the standard for an ACL now. When Woodson did it all those years ago it wasn't. Back then ACL meant season over. Changes happen, Suggs could be the first like Woodson was. I'll admit it's unlikely but stranger things have happened.




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    LOL now you are trying to back out. What is Suggs worth playing less than 25% of the defensive snaps? There is zero chance you can win if he goes in for 2 plays and comes out immediately. It won't be some "other" injury. 15 snaps is a more than fair number.

    I insta called the second you shoved your chips in the middle.

    I bet that last post Dirt made got you a little bit scared no?

    Let's put some money on it as well if you want to play games. How about that? Name your price.
    I don't know why you need to make it complex, he plays that means he recovered from the injury you say no one can come back from, there is nothing in your data that talks about 25%, you just added that to cover your ass.

    I can see you're scared.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 10-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.




  13. #43

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think you missed my point. 5-7 months is the standard for an ACL now. When Woodson did it all those years ago it wasn't. Back then ACL meant season over. Changes happen, Suggs could be the first like Woodson was. I'll admit it's unlikely but stranger things have happened.
    Fair enough.

    The problem is Suggs wouldn't be in the low end of the recovery window like Rice, he would be light years ahead of it by about 2-3 months. Totally different position physical requirements and injury as well.




  14. #44

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't know why you need to make it complex, he plays that means he recovered from the injury you say no one can come back from, there is nothing in your data that talks about 25%, you just added that to cover your ass.

    I can see your scared.
    So how much are you putting up? Talk is cheap.

    Let's get that squared away first.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I put up or shut up, but apparently no one else wants to do the same.
    I'm game.

    But first lets establish what you're saying.

    Are you saying Suggs won't play this year?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland