Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Armageddon in Jetsland (Merged)

Oh, how the world turns. Rex gets passed up for the head coaching job here, despite being a great defensive coordinator, because there was doubt as to whether or not he would unify the locker room and develop the offense. The guy who was chosen, John Harbaugh, has now unified the locker room and developed the offense.

Now, due to defensive struggles, the missing piece to a dominant puzzle could be the return of Rex Ryan as defensive coordinator, where we'd really see someone like Jimmy Smith flourish, in my opinion.

Could Rex Ryan humble himself enough to come back?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Could Rex Ryan humble himself enough to come back?
    Of course he could, but he wouldn't stay humble. A number of former head coaches have swallowed their pride and done well as a coordinator. Rex, with his whale-sized ego, would not be one of them. What head coach would be comfortable with him in the locker room?

I'd so NOT want Rex back here.

It would have been one thing and Rex had stayed and became a Dick LeBeau type, mastering the craft he's good at and eating humble pie, knowing and accepting his role as a stellar defensive coordinator.

But he's too arrogant for that and it would make for a coaching distraction that's simply not needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

It would have been one thing and Rex had stayed and became a Dick LeBeau type, mastering the craft he's good at and eating humble pie, knowing and accepting his role as a stellar defensive coordinator.

But he's too arrogant for that and it would make for a coaching distraction that's simply not needed here.
    +1
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

iirc LeBeau head coached the Bengals for a few years before returning to DC. I don't think Rex' ego would be too happy with that but I'm sure he'd go back to coordinating at least one job. some don't get 2nd chances at HC.
    ...wouldn't it suck if he got fired and the Stoolers hired him to replace LeBeau? please no...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

On a team that wasn't that good to begin with, losing their best defensive player and best (arguably) offensive player sure isn't going to help. It's gonna be a long season for them

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm wondering how many people will watch tonight because they enjoy watching football, how many will want to see how brutal the beating turns out to be, and how many will just be waiting for Tebow to burst out of the phone booth?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    iirc LeBeau head coached the Bengals for a few years before returning to DC. I don't think Rex' ego would be too happy with that but I'm sure he'd go back to coordinating at least one job. some don't get 2nd chances at HC.
    ...wouldn't it suck if he got fired and the Stoolers hired him to replace LeBeau? please no...
    I agree that Rex has an excellent shot of going back and being a great DC. I just don't think, thankfully, that place is in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'm wondering how many people will watch tonight because they enjoy watching football, how many will want to see how brutal the beating turns out to be, and how many will just be waiting for Tebow to burst out of the phone booth?
    Well I"ll be watching because I like football but will spend most of the time watching the Orioles though