Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Armageddon in Jetsland (Merged)

I know a lot of you guys think he's 'garbage' but he looked pretty good yesterday in the new offense. Anyone want to compare his stats to Flacco this year? They've been very similar in the past.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Sanchez

Sanchez's biggest problem has always been when he gets rushed/hurried. Obviously all QBs perform worse when rushed than otherwise, but Sanchez struggles more than most when things break down.

But I also think Schottenheimer's offensive scheme was not very good (at least for their personnel), and with Sparano things can only get better.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sanchez has a breakout year in terms of stats/performance, but I will need to see him against a stout defense (more stout than Buffalo), where he is getting hassled more often, before I conclude he has majorly turned a corner.

Speaking of which, where was Mario Willimas yesterday?
    One tackle?!?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Sanchez's biggest problem has always been when he gets rushed/hurried. Obviously all QBs perform worse when rushed than otherwise, but Sanchez struggles more than most when things break down.

But I also think Schottenheimer's offensive scheme was not very good (at least for their personnel), and with Sparano things can only get better.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sanchez has a breakout year in terms of stats/performance, but I will need to see him against a stout defense (more stout than Buffalo), where he is getting hassled more often, before I conclude he has majorly turned a corner.
    Absolutely, just look at his college play where they had him rolling out and on the move a lot. He should be much more comfortable in this offense.

Blog Entries

It's funny because watching the Rams offense yesterday reminded me a lot of the the Jets issues from past years. Steven Jackson kept on running into a pile for no yardage. Bradford didn't have nearly enough options in the passing game. It was a very black and white scheme. Brian Schottenheimer who is now the Rams OC clearly was part of the problem.

Blog Entries

If he does it against Pittsburgh, I'll be convinced.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If he does it against Pittsburgh, I'll be convinced.
    Didn't he already do that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Didn't he already do that?
    They were banged up that year.

Besides, his stats are only comparable to Flacco's for one year, last year. That was the closest their stats have been.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Sanchez doesn't have anywhere near the arm Flacco has. Sanchez really struggles with his size and arm strength. However IF the right system is in place, he can be a solid QB, Andy Dalton is kind of like Sanchez, but a better scrambler .

He looked like the Sanchez of old yesterday. Panicked when under pressure and after the first two drives couldn't complete a pass to save his life. His WRs didn't help with the drops, but I really don't see him being any better than he was in the past.

He'll have some good games, but overall he looks like a poor-to-mediocre starter.

Blog Entries
    His first two drives he looked great, then the wheels fell off. Same with Tebow, his first two carries were great then they stopped using him. Crazy game

OT - It's Armageddon in Jetsland

Schadenfreude alert.

The Jets doubters were plentiful before this season even started. The heat was on Sanchez with walking publicity stunt Tim Tebow brought in. Bart Scott was fighting people.

And now, with Revis already out for the season, word is Santonio Holmes--their best offensive weapon, who selfishly gifted a TD to the Niners after he injured himself--will be out for weeks. Add to that Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill being banged up, and that is one ragged offense.

Add to THAT that their defense, the one thing they used to be able to hang their hat on, looks below average. I understand that Revis is one of the best defenders in the league, but for a defense to turn to shambles because of his absence? It makes you appreciate that the Ravens D, while NOWHERE near our (very high) standards, has still found a way to make plays without Suggs/any pass rush.

Looks like it might be curtains for the Ryan/Tannenbaum/Sanchez era. The Jets play the Texans next week. Very realistically, Sanchez could be fighting for his job on Sunday. (And after the Texans, it's the Patriots. Ouch.)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh