Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Not sure what I said that was hyperbolic. You want Bowe doubled that's 2. And 8 in the box to stop Charles.

2 and 8 is ten.
    Not every play of every down. Hence the hyperbole.

Bracket Bowe in obvious passing situations and force Cassell to move the ball without him.

Load the box on first, second, and 3rd and shorts.

Cassell can't carry this team to a win. Everything possible to force him into this situation needs to be done.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Well I never said that anyone claimed the Chiefs were a great team.

What I said was that the way some have spoken of KC makes them seem like a great team.
    Just look at the very first post. Scary front 7, good secondary, awesome o-line, and a big play RB does not equal a 1-3 team.
    Does this game really strike you as the toughest game of the year so far? So far we played the 2-1 Eagles, the 3-1 Bengals, and the 2-2 Pats. Excuse me if I laugh at the idea that this is our toughest game yet.

Fact we are 3-1 and KC is 1-3. Their only win came against the 0-4 Saints. They have been outscored by 16 and 17 points in their home games.

And I'm not slamming anyone.
    You are clearly missing my point. When I said toughest game of the year, I meant for us, not that they are the best team we've played so far. We have no trouble beating even the best in the league at M and T, but this is a typical game were I can see a let down happening.

After watching them lose to San Diego in the fashion they did, I am not as worried as I originally was, but there is still a chance of a let down, and anyone who thinks this is going to be a cakewalk needs to get a reality check.

4-1 would be huge for us, and I really hope the good Ravens offense turns up for this one.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 10-01-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Blog Entries

If the Chiefs have done their homework they'll be trying to get Boss, Breaston and McCluster working across the middle against Ray.

Blog Entries

The Chiefs remind me of the Seahawks team the Ravens faced last year. There are some pieces but these teams are still middle of the road for the NFL. It's the kind of game the Ravens should win on the road. I watched the Falcons demolish them week 1 in KC. Brandon Flowers was out and Ryan easy found open guys to pass to. One thing the Chiefs don't have is depth at most positions. There will be guys on that defense to pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You are clearly missing my point. When I said toughest game of the year, I meant for us, not that they are the best team we've played so far. We have no trouble beating even the best in the league at M and T, but this is a typical game were I can see a let down happening.

After watching them lose to San Diego in the fashion they did, I am not as worried as I originally was, but there is still a chance of a let down, and anyone who thinks this is going to be a cakewalk needs to get a reality check.

4-1 would be huge for us, and I really hope the good Ravens offense turns up for this one.
    I understand.

I just feel like KC can't get out of their own way this year. 3 of their games this year have been 10+ point losses.
    No NFL game is a cakewalk, but all we have to do is have a clean game. If we look sharp they won't beat us.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I understand.

I just feel like KC can't get out of their own way this year. 3 of their games this year have been 10+ point losses.
    No NFL game is a cakewalk, but all we have to do is have a clean game. If we look sharp they won't beat us.
    Which is all folks like me were saying.

Nobody claimed them to be some juggernaut. But a team with some weapons that can hurt us? Yup.

I don't see the Ravens losing this one. I have been to Arrowhead and IMHO, it is as loud, if not louder, than the Bank. We all saw how "well" the Ravens ran the no huddle in Philly, let's see if our brain trust can make an adjustment for the noise in KC.
    Bowe and Charles are studs, yes, and I think they will get their catches/yards. i do not, however, see KC putting up more than 20 points, while the Ravens hit on three TD's and a couple of Tucker FG's.
    27-20 Baltimore.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

I think the let down game or trap game was the Cleveland game as it was as short week on the heels of an emotional late Sunday night win against NWE. With the additional rest the Ravens should show up ready to go. I do think they could lose the game because of the Ravens have some serious questions marks when it comes to Oline and Pass Rush. Need to go 2-1 over the next three to get into the bye at 5-2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think the let down game or trap game was the Cleveland game as it was as short week on the heels of an emotional late Sunday night win against NWE. With the additional rest the Ravens should show up ready to go. I do think they could lose the game because of the Ravens have some serious questions marks when it comes to Oline and Pass Rush. Need to go 2-1 over the next three to get into the bye at 5-2.
    Yeah, I think the Cowboys game will be tough too, but we play so well at M and T, and I can't see us losing to the Cowboys at home. Hopefully we will be going into Houston 4-1, and it would give us some confidence in maybe even winning that game and going 6-1 at the BYE, which would be massive for us. I think the Texans will beat us, but I would not be surprised if we win either. First things first, lets take care of KC, which we should do.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think the Cowboys game will be tough too, but we play so well at M and T, and I can't see us losing to the Cowboys at home. Hopefully we will be going into Houston 4-1, and it would give us some confidence in maybe even winning that game and going 6-1 at the BYE, which would be massive for us. I think the Texans will beat us, but I would not be surprised if we win either. First things first, lets take care of KC, which we should do.
    I'm a lot more worried about the Cowboys than the Chiefs. Unless Flacco goes down there is no way they should lose to the Chiefs. The Chiefs are allowing teams to run up the score on them. Their defense is ranked 13th is yards but 31st in points. Remember bend not break? They're break not bend.

Blog Entries

Onto the Chiefs...

What about some discussion about the Ravens' next opponent?

I think the key will be shutting down or limiting Jammal Charles. Matt Cassel has been absolutely dreadful this season so far with 10 turnovers in 4 games.

I think the Chiefs just might be vulnerable to the "sugar huddle" offense but don't see it happening given how loud arrowhead could be. I've said it before and I'll say it again the ravens need to start fast and set the tempo of the game. It's a huge momentum builder when you out start out fast with a lead on the road. They need have a balance attack and not get cute against a team like the Chiefs.
    The ravens lead the league in pass plays beyond 25+ yards so I expect to see a lot of dink and dunks to our running RBs, The chiefs don't want to give up the big play so we've got to be patient and take what the defense gives us.