Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is no doubt that Jamaal Charles is going to break a big one. We all know that. The question, as it has always been with backs like him who face the Ravens, is whether or not he can sustain it for four quarters.

Actually, there is a second question. If the Ravens offense gets off to a fast start, will Kansas City be able to stay with Charles?
    Exactly. Our offense has to be the Charles equalizer/neutralizer.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

I have been watching the Chiefs when I can, but only because I have Bowe and Charles on my fantasy team (I'm a first-time participant). But from what I can tell, they are NOT a great team. They did rack up some stats against New Orleans, but Charles will not rush for 288 yards every week. Plus they were smacked around by San Diego today.

Ravens should win.

But after seeing Carey Williams and Jimmy Smith for 4 weeks now, I am very comfortable with starting Bowe on my fantasy team. I figure I can have my cake and eat it too. Ravens will give up some Passing yards.....because this is just what we do these days. But I don't think things get so out of hand that the Ravens don't come away with the win.

The Chiefs did have something like 5 turnovers against San Diego.

I think this defense will have more issues with Jamaal Charles than with Peyton Hillis. Charles may break a long run. But I think the Ravens Defense can keep things under control just enough to help get the win.

Blog Entries
    Don't let today's game sway you too much, KC had 5 turnovers in the first half alone. Doubtful that will reoccur

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They are tops in the league in total offensive yardage and rushing yards. We also made Weeden look like a serviceable QB, allowing 300+ yards in the air.

I don't see why folks think this one is going to be a cake walk. It's an away game and against a team that has proved they can be explosive. Charles is coming off a 288 yard performance against a pretty decent Saints run defense, their record not withstanding. Sure, if you stop Charles and Bowe, you stand a good chance at winning.

The problem is it's nowhere near easy as folks think it is, especially considering our pass rush is still on milk cartons.
    More likely to be a pie in the face than a cakewalk.

They match up well against us -- very good front D 7 versus our very average Oline, for example. Our pass rush (see Crater, Judge) will give Cassel plenty of time to hit his receivers, "covered" by our CBs who will seldom be seen in the same time zone.

We should win, but Cam has more than enough incompetence to lose it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Some people act like every team we face is an unstoppable juggernaut.
    Thank you.

I get that some posters are nervous nellies but give me a break.

The Ravens will be ready to roll on 10/7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Called it as a loss at the beginning of the year, and still think it will be one. We just don't play great on the road. Hillis has had his way with our D and a much better front 7 than we're sporting now. The lack of a pass rush will make Cassel look like a probowler, all he has to do is matchup Bowe on CWill and that'll gain them some points right there.

Bottom line I see them winning a shootout of a 34-31 variety.
    Hillis is banged up. Do t even know if he played today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hillis is banged up. Do t even know if he played today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    He did not.

Hyperbole much?
    Not really.
    Some posters go out of their way to make the other teams seem great. When I see people saying that the Chiefs front 7 is scary I can't help but laugh.
    I mean Hali is a slightly above average passrusher and Derrick Johnson is just another decent LB. Houston/Arizona/San Fran have very good front 7s. But KC?
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Yea, hyperbole will do that.
    Not sure what I said that was hyperbolic. You want Bowe doubled that's 2. And 8 in the box to stop Charles.

2 and 8 is ten.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Not really.
    Some posters go out of their way to make the other teams seem great. When I see people saying that the Chiefs front 7 is scary I can't help but laugh.
    I mean Hali is a slightly above average passrusher and Derrick Johnson is just another decent LB. Houston/Arizona/San Fran have very good front 7s. But KC?
    Who said they were great?

Ok, you disagree about their from 7. How does it the become fans going on of their way to make a team great.

Debate the facts instead of slamming fellow fans.

Ok, you disagree about their from 7. How does it the become fans going on of their way to make a team great.

I see where elite is coming from. While we can't possibly read expressions and hear tone through a faceless blog posters who constantly give praise upon praise to the opponents come off as propping them up too much.

I think 95% of the posters on this board respect most of the Ravens opponents and will give them their just due but they aren't going to 'ball wash' everyone on the schedule. I guarantee that when the Ravens play the Texans 75% of the board is going to call for a loss because Houston is simply the best team in the league and it may not be close. That's genuine praise and respect.

Well I never said that anyone claimed the Chiefs were a great team.

What I said was that the way some have spoken of KC makes them seem like a great team.
    Just look at the very first post. Scary front 7, good secondary, awesome o-line, and a big play RB does not equal a 1-3 team.
    Does this game really strike you as the toughest game of the year so far? So far we played the 2-1 Eagles, the 3-1 Bengals, and the 2-2 Pats. Excuse me if I laugh at the idea that this is our toughest game yet.

Fact we are 3-1 and KC is 1-3. Their only win came against the 0-4 Saints. They have been outscored by 16 and 17 points in their home games.

And I'm not slamming anyone.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold