Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Called it as a loss at the beginning of the year, and still think it will be one. We just don't play great on the road. Hillis has had his way with our D and a much better front 7 than we're sporting now. The lack of a pass rush will make Cassel look like a probowler, all he has to do is matchup Bowe on CWill and that'll gain them some points right there.

Bottom line I see them winning a shootout of a 34-31 variety.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Called it as a loss at the beginning of the year, and still think it will be one. We just don't play great on the road. Hillis has had his way with our D and a much better front 7 than we're sporting now. The lack of a pass rush will make Cassel look like a probowler, all he has to do is matchup Bowe on CWill and that'll gain them some points right there.

Bottom line I see them winning a shootout of a 34-31 variety.
    Not happening. Your not beating the Ravens when you have the 28th ranked defense and Matt Cassell at QB. Cassell is tied with Sanchez for worst QB in the NFL IMO. Our D isn't what it used to be, but Cassell will find a way to lose that game.

The one thing all those road games have in common last year is tough defenses. Something the Chiefs are lacking severely.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 09-30-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The Chiefs are not good.

The question is whether or not the Ravens can get up emotionally for the road game against an inferior opponent. I think they'll be hungry after 10 days between games. I'm sure they're watching how the Chargers have forced 6 turnovers today.

Blog Entries

What's this I hear about a dangerous Kansas City team?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What's this I hear about a dangerous Kansas City team?
    Some people act like every team we face is an unstoppable juggernaut.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

If we had the defense we had last season? I so would not be worried about this game.

Blog Entries

The Ravens offense can now score 23 on a bad day. With extra days to rest, Kansas City might have to put up 30 to win it and I don't think they will. They'll get some pressure on Flacco here and there, but I don't see them stopping Rice and Pierce while doing so.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bracket Bowe, put 8 in the box all day and make Cassell beat you by throwing to the others receivers.

Charles is who scares me.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

There is no doubt that Jamaal Charles is going to break a big one. We all know that. The question, as it has always been with backs like him who face the Ravens, is whether or not he can sustain it for four quarters.

Actually, there is a second question. If the Ravens offense gets off to a fast start, will Kansas City be able to stay with Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Bracket Bowe, put 8 in the box all day and make Cassell beat you by throwing to the others receivers.

Charles is who scares me.
    You're of the opinion that we should devote ten players to stopping 2 of their's? Seems improbable.

I'd have Jimmy press the ever loving shit outta Bowe all game and leave Ed Reed deep in center field to roam sideline to sideline. Bring Pollard up in run support early and work to build enough of a lead that they have no choice but to throw in the second half.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Some people act like every team we face is an unstoppable juggernaut.
    Hyperbole much?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Seems improbable.
    Yea, hyperbole will do that.

I'd have Jimmy press the ever loving shit outta Bowe all
    Webb will be on Bowe most of the game is my guess. In off coverage he will bait Cassell atleast once for an INT. Cassell sucks.

Webb will probably be on McCluster in the slot on 3rd downs, in which case hopefully Jimmy can hold his own at the line with Bowe.

Bring Pollard up in run support early and work to build enough of a lead that they have no choice but to throw in the second half.
    Bingo. Pollard will be key. Coverage on Moeaki to bail out our atrocious LB coverage as well.

–Eleanor Roosevelt